Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN August 15: Rossi move special report General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN August 15: Rossi move special report

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN August 15: Rossi move special report

In this week's MCN, out August 15, we have a special report on Rossi's return to the factory Yamaha team. We speak to crew chief Jerry Burgess, Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner and also look at where Rossi's move leaves Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso - both of whom have been linked with a factory Ducati ride. Also in this week's issue, British WSB...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 August 2012 11:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brianhevans

Nov 05

brianhevans says:

Hmmm....

What a fickle world we all live in....King one day and pauper the next.

Calling Rossi a "used-to-be who has had his chance"?  Have some respect.  That is a the NINE TIME WORLD CHAMPION you are talking about.

I'm certain some of you haters out there have made some choices in your careers that didn't quite work out....to believe that Rossi and/or Rossi/Burgess alone are responsible for Ducati not winning is not only near-sighted but bordering mental deficiency.

Haters will hate, it's what they do.

Keep in mind all you fair weather fans that this is the recipe for a truly great story, one where a fallen champion rises again.  Rossi developed that M1, which is considered the best handling and easiest to ride bike on the grid....look how many rookies come up to the premiere class and do well on the M1.

Rossi will win again.  Who cares what tool he uses.  Pffft, grow up.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Mistake, Mistake

I personally think that the gesture Rossi, a bit sad, because in the first place proves something that nobody wanted to talk a lot during the absolute rule of the Rossi, which is the only stoner in the "same" that Ducati was stopped for a moment, and from which the dew does not go, but escapes one's life, the accident would not have even more shamefully than he did in the last three years, proves that a driver Casey Stoner, the only one who was able to master and assimilate the Italian imagination and creativity in the field of creating ultimate racing machine on two wheels, and apparently penetrate to the core nature of Ducati and draw from it what anyone else failed to do (remember the distasteful jokes and mockery directed Stoner these months, especially after the race at Laguna Seca 2008 from this perspective ...., Stoner has seen the greatest possible satisfaction that after the Laguna Seca race, certainly could not hope. Than for Rossi ... A lot of work remains mostly to deal with himself, and return to Yamaha, with no "Rossi returns to his own body" will not mean anything.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

grow up

I get pissed of with some poor comments on this site and to be told to grow up!

yes rossi will win a few races again and............i just wished stoner would ride the duc  for one year and show the poor over paid rossi how to ride the that bike.he was paid a lot of money for two years work for what?

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

brianhevans

..here here, The legend is back folks, love him or hate him. His intention is to become the all time greatest gp rider, hes 2 away. I believe he went to Ducati with a genuine desire to give it a go and the mindset that if they get the bike right he could get the 2 he needs with them. It went the other way with no improvement of the bike, so therefore, still wanting the 2, its back to yamaha. You must be barmy if you think this guy is finished. Look at Biaggi in sbk ? I feel sorry for Lorenzo...that nasty lesson from the master Barcelona 09. Sit back and watch........

Reply to this Topic
knudsenuk

Mar 03

knudsenuk says:

I'm so disappointed with the air time Stoner is being given. He lacks so much in terms of what he has brought to the sport. Not least by quitting so early and effectively admitting he couldn't do what others before him have done. The Ducati he rode as an 800 was not the same bike VR got on, Stoner was not winning races on the bike and much less was a championship contender. He has always had a rhetoric which implied that when he won it was him but when there awas a poor result "we" didn't perform. He will and should go down in history as a winging little prat,  who is better off on the nest than being in this championship. In terms of mental strength and tenacity it is clear that he is lacking. If he can't win on the Honda this year then he should eat humble pie and stop bitching. How does Livio Supo feel now his dream has stuck the knife in his back I wonder?  Shut up you winging aussie or stay on the bike and see if 9 championships is possible. You were average on so many othe bikes - remember? Laguna Seca proved what a tosser he is.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

your boring..knudsenuk,who`s the bloody tosser going back to the yam?humble pie you say!shit saw rossi`s interview on the bbc,now thats humble pie.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

YUP

If Stacey was back on that duke he would moan so much his head would explode, and doma would have to employ someone to pick up all the toys that would be thrown out the pram

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

flossi

Im no stoner fan but he has made rossi look a right twat ,I believe the spoilt brat of motorcycling has been well and truly found out.Goat my arse.More like donkey.Stoner might be a moaner but he flew on that ducati,And everything else he has ever ridden.Rossis legend is in tatters.Lorenzo will batter him next season.He has got the yamaha ride purely for his sponsors money.hang your head in shame flossi

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

What evidence is there to prove that Stoner would do any better on the current Ducati than Rossi ?

All I’ve seen this year is Stoner trailing behind Lorenzo & Pedrosa, Rossi beating Stoner on the last lap at Le Mans, Stoner making his normal bitchy comments and announcing his retirement at the grand old age of 26.

One thing I find amusing is the Stoner fans that keep banging on about Rossi retiring and now it’s their little goofy bum-chum that’s actually going and Rossi is back on a decent bike. HAH HAH.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices