Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati boss: Nicky Hayden deserves 2013 chance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati boss: Nicky Hayden deserves 2013 chance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati boss: Nicky Hayden deserves 2013 chance

Ducati bosses have said Nicky Hayden is worthy of another chance in the Bologna manufacturer’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. Hayden signed a new one-year deal during his home round at Laguna Seca in California last month that will keep him on a factory Desmosedici for a fifth successive premier class campaign. Hayden’s place at Ducati seemed in serious jeopardy only a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 August 2012 12:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good to see Hayden not being a fool and quitting like his current team-mate does he deserve another chance I would say yeah he does but also 2013 IMO could be his last.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

You would think

if Ducati was willing to bend over and let Rossi rape them for another $16 million or so that they would at least sign the guy who is doing just as good as Rossi and regularly out qualifying Rossi for a fraction of the cost.

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

Fast and loyal

Nicky comes from a very special family that treats others like they would like to be treated themselves. He has been consistently faster than his expensive team mate this year and has put more effort into trying to get on with the bike. If the 2013 bike doesn't deliver, Ducati will have a serious problem. The aim of a factory is to have a bike that makes an average racer look like a hero and makes a good racer a champion. Only Yamaha and Honda have been able to do this in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

NICKY DESERVES

a factory Yamaha ride after the effort he has put in, week in week out.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nicky deserves...

Such is the faith Corse have put in their middling little battler they're extended his contract all the way out to the end of 2013.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

mickofield

I'm with you reference the family, they are truly wonderful people, the way they handled Nicky winning the 2006 title was humbling.

But ... saying he is consistently faster than his team mate is stretching it a bit, in qualifying yes but in the races Rossi has generally been in front when it matters ( except Laguna Seca obviously ).

I'd like to see Ducati get next years bike sorted so that Nicky is a podium threat each week, i reckon if he were on the Yam or Honda he'd be there or thereabouts each race but i fear those doors are firmly shut for Nicky, perhaps a Tech 3 ride in 2014 should one of the riders signed fail dismally next season.  

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The last time Nicky was a consistent podium threat was in 2010 I remember him hounding the Yamaha of Lorenzo at Aragon that season passing him on the last lap that is the Hayden I would like to see.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

You may be right Rev

I also feel this is last call for Hayden.  Everyone knows why he won the title in '06 and it wasn't because he can dominate.  He's never been a week in week out front runner.  But he is consistent when his machine isn't being changed week after week.

First and foremost, he is still around the Course garage because the USA is Ducati's biggest market.  For some reason, manufacturers believe bikes are sold because of the people that race them and place them.  I personally have never met anyone that does that.  The bike sells itself regardless of the professional pilot.  But let Ducati believe what they want and let Nicky ride another season.  Maybe as #1, they'll finally listen to what he wants instead of someone who only does well with I-4s.  After all, Nicky became an AMA champ on a twin. Set the Duc up loose and maybe Hayden can do well on it next season.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz, for someone that claims to be disaffected with MotoGP, and indeed has wished for it's speedy demise after 2012, you still seem to be spending an awful lot of time commenting on the premier series ......?

let's face it, without a Ducati ride, i doubt that Nicky would be on a decent bike next season or one that he'd be prepared to ride.  i'm glad that he's still around for next year as he always seems to give 100%, but even he must be thinking that his MotoGP swansong isn't too far away now ..... he'll be the continuity link for an all new pairing in the factory team one day.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Sponsor

I wonder if he'll try to get Alpinestars sponsorship back, now that Rossi is gone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle