You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Black Box/Camera

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BobScott

Aug 06

BobScott says:

Black Box/Camera

Hi Guys, being unfortunately involved in a no blame accident got me thinking about Camera/ Black Box type technology. I know camera's are available, but ones that turn on and off with ignition and over write continually would be great, then you would always have the last 'X' hours. Anyone got one, fitted one,knows the best one? Regards Bob.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 August 2012 19:04)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

hmm

I want a camera like that.... might have a go at it.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I tried to find one that'd be suited

for a motorcycle but never did.

The easiest thing to do is to get an all in one camera that clips on and off a handlebar mount easily. I have one that has a USB charging deelie which also allows me to delete the recording of every ride and just leave it there to charge. You can get them from £50 to £300 off amazon.

Reply to this Topic
garychambers

Aug 12

garychambers says:

Bike accident recorder

Without wanting to break any forum rules, I’d just like to let you know the company I work for is currently developing a camera system exactly like this for bikers. We get requests every day for such a camera and we’re hoping to have it ready within the next 6 weeks. I am happy to tell you more but really don’t want to break any forum advertising rules!

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

garychambers

Why not approach MCN and do this through the paper, you would get more coverage that way.

Oh and don't make the price stupid money.

Reply to this Topic
garychambers

Aug 12

garychambers says:

MCN Review

We'll certainly be in touch with our contact over at MCN once the camera is available. We are seeing more and more enquiries for such a recorder from bikers. 

Reply to this Topic
cadams123

Nov 02

cadams123 says:

Black box

Take a look at, this I think is what you're after.

Http://www.4kam.com/

I have a different model, but am thinking about the blackbox.

Reply to this Topic
Craighind

Nov 11

Craighind says:

Black Box camera

Hi Bob, I agree I never ride without a camera on my helmet if you have a good capacity card in you can get up to 8 hours before it needs to overwrite.

www.eazycam.co.uk they do have a black box style unit that also gives GPS locations and g sensor readings,

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Blackbox cameras

There are several Blackbox video recorders for cars available on the market but to find one suitable for a motorbike will be difficult for the following reasons.

1. The camera can only see straight ahead so it cannot record a rear ender or side swipe accident. You need full 360deg coverage.
2. It will have to be fully dust/waterproof/ theft proof
3: They cannot record at night due to other vehicel headlights blinding the camera.
4. It will need to have full GPS and accelerometers capability. To log location and speed.
5. The recording can also be siezed by the police and used as evidence agianst you as well as for you. 
6. It will have to automaticaly start recording everytime the bike is started.
7. It will have to be very cheap.
8. If to be used as evidence in court then the recording will have to be watermarked and not editable.
9. Automatic overwrite FIFO - First In First Out
10. Useless in the wet or rain as water will obscure the lens.

It is not so easy as just using a modified helmet camera!!!!!

If anyone can make one that can incorporate all the above then I would be the first to buy one!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices