Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
europeben

Apr 12

europeben says:

Stoner's little outburst against Bradl recently was also not very friendly. He claims Bradl got extra points because Casey binned it a few weeks ago. Well, be as that may, one rider stayed on the bike and finished the race, the other one did not, I needn't specify which is which. I've only recently started following the motogp, but I won't be sad to see Stoner go, good rider or not, I think it's easy to have a big mouth when you're leaving the paddock at the end of the season anyway. If the ducati is that good and Vale IS whining, the why doesnt Uncle casey take the ride and show us how its done?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Nicely summed up Casey.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha Rossi what a complete muppet suck on that you feckin quitter I guess you and JB taunting Casey has hit you hard in the face where you deserve it morons.

Nice statement Mr Stoner at least you had the courage to say that hats off to you mate.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

For Sure

Casey does have some valid points there and yes he threw them back at Vale and Jerry - if they were boxing then its the done thing!!! But come on...why do they call him Casey Moaner - thats really the pot calling the kettle black.The King of moans The King of also failing on the Ducati...maybe not on the same scale as Vale for sure... I hope in some ways when/if he retires he goes back to Ducati to help them develop in the background - but these things go both ways - if the rider doesnt perform he gets the sack - so if the rider doesnt like the bike then he has the same choice. Just in this case Ducati wanted him more than he wanted Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Wow!

Wow Casey Stoner moaning I dont belive it he never whinges ever, I mean he never blames his crew the tyres or anything when he doesn't win he always fully admits its his fault and no-one elses, wonder if he actually knows the behind the scene drama that JB and Vale have had with Ducati not doing what has been asked with the bike and also the lack of funds to complete any significant changes or mods compared to the unlimited resoures of the mighty wallet of HRC and has Mr Stoner ever riden the 1000cc Duke or was all of his wins (not forgetting the falls) on th 800 ??? And wasnt it Biaggi who said I need the Honda to win yet the following season Rossi beat him on the Yam with max on the Honda, then JB and Vale continued their work to make the bike you see Lorenzo whipping Casey Moaner on today!!

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Casey,. Casey,. Casey,.

Shhhhhhhhhhuuuuhhhssshhhhhhh.....

I applaud your past efforts, but if you're really that fussed, go back to Ducati (in the state that it's in) and yes, please, show us all how it's done, it'll make for an entertaining season!

But, I'm just surprised that you of all people have the cheek to throw slamming insults, given your recent "cry-fest" you had on the sport's politics and how you're perceived by people and the press.

Humble pie or not, saying stuff like this isn't very grown up.... "dad".

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

who wrote this?

Sounds exactly the same as his fanboys.Maybe Casey got numpty nostro or buttboy to write this bitter and twisted story.
He feels sorry for Ducati now!....changed his thoughts from a while back eh!
Gettin beat by Hayden and Barbera?
Has he looked at the standings?
Great rider but what a sad man.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Rossi

You can't blame Rossi for wanting to be on a competitive machine.  And I am sure that the public only get to hear half the story with a lot more going on behind closed doors than we know about.  If things had worked out with Rossi / Ducati everyone would be raving about it; but it didn't.  Some bikes just don't suit some riders.  

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

What

is it they say? "What goes around comes around!!!" Rossi has failed miserably with Ducati and has now jumped ship!! Would love to see Stoner back on the Desmo again, wouldn't everyone, Ducati fans that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol, and winning races again on the bike that Rossi couldn't ride. I reckon Rossi would retire straight away if he was on the Yamaha and Stoner was to beat him on the Desmo!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
DBF80

Aug 10

DBF80 says:

Moan moan moan from Stoner. I'll admit he has a few good points but I'm not sure he's currently on the high ground when it comes to putting in the effort.

One man quitting a team and relationship that hasn't worked out, the other man is quitting the entire sport because some people won't play nice or the way he wants to. I'm pretty sure only trying 50% on the bike is more dangerous than doing nothing on the sofa at home. It's certainly putting in more effort.

Sounds like he's a little jealous of Rossi's fan base to me. Maybe if he was a bit more cheery and made some effort he might be a bit better off.

Will miss his riding but won't miss him at all.

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

T

To be honest has he said all that or is matt birt playing on the general conversation of this forum and getting some big stories in before stoner rides of into oblivion ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices