Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

Go hit RDP on the way past Casey that wil make you feel better, or moan that you cant get on with the new trye or just go mow the lawn, either way who cares what you say. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

hello4646

Obviously you do, you plank!

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Stoner's not the only one in the paddock who thinks this but he is the only one with the balls to say it. Everyone else is just toeing their corporate sponsors line, no wonder he's getting out. Rossi getting back on the bike he developed next year eh, what a load of bollocks, he's getting off the bike he developed and leaving it to some other poor smuck, he's getting on a bike that has had fuck all to do with him for two years.

Everythings always about Rossi isn't it, the bloke's need is so great, I wish he would just quit and take his record with him and let someone else get on with it.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

moaning?

I don't understand where all the moaning is? Surely moaning would be more akin to 'honda favour dani', 'honda aren't pushing', 'dani gets the good bits first', 'everyone's trying to knock me off in the race' etc. I didn't read anything of that. I read that Stoner's looked at Rossi and Ducati for 2 years and what was originally said by Rossi and JB about him and ducati, and simply repeated it. You never know, if you heard it it might even have a hint of irony. Stoner is my mums favourite rider, and him leaving has upset her. And quote: "Stoner complains even when he has won saying things like 'it was a dog to ride I just had to my very best to bring the bike to the finish and we're lucky we finished where we did' and stuff like that, there's no pleasing the guy." - surely this can simply be viewed as someone driven to want perfection? Well whatever it is it's fun. Rather this than the usual mumbled dribble of Ben Spies for example.

Reply to this Topic
xavi

Jul 12

xavi says:

Bravo Casey, well said!

Bravo Casey, well said!

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Wins

"Stoner could not ride the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 bike any differently to Rossi, they have tried their best." Just in case you have missed the passed 6 years, here is a fact for you digby000; From 2008 through to 2010, Stoner won 13 races on the Duke. BTW, developing a bike a team effort, from the rider all the way to the guys back at the factory, and the Ducati team has failed.

Reply to this Topic
Locozuk

Aug 12

Locozuk says:

I had to register just to point out to the stoner the moaner fan boys..

He won 1 championship on the ducati, by murdering the other teams with the speed (allowing him not to have to push too hard into the corners) once the other teams caught up speed wise he had to push.. really push into the corners..then promptly started binning it almost every week.. then went long term sick then came back and quit blaming ducati for his lack of results .. oh what was it...thats right front end feel.. 4 years later and even Nicky and Rossi can't fix it, you can't blame rossi for moving to a competitive machine would you run another season in the twilight of your GP career knowing you'll be in the gravel if you try to push for a win ?? If Moaner is such a legend he should offer to come out of retirement and do a season on the Ducati... then we'll see if he is a legend in more than just his mind..

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

What goes around, comes around.

What goes around, comes around. Bravo Casey, well said,

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Guys - MotoGp is 'Sports Entertainment' the emphasis being on entertainment. Who has been more entertainig over the last decade and who has been more boring.  Rossi brought the fans back to  MotoGP from the 'Doohan doldrums' of the previous decade.   Doohan/Stoner great riders but hells teeth no personalities. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Vmax4steve

couldn't agree more..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle