Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

One word........

"Bitter"!!

Yet again, a whole load of double standards from the miserable, goofy, upside down one!! Ha ha - He feels sorry for Ducati now does he?? He certainly wasn't feeling like that when he was slating them at any given opportunity 18 months ago eh?! Fucking Bitter little twonk...

I was sort of gutted he was leaving the sport as dispite his dickhead fans and his constant crying, it's always fun seeing him chuck a bike around but now i just can't wait for him and his fans to fuck off!! Whinging fucking Ozzy!

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Stoner maybe right and Rossi did let everyone know that he would fix the unfixable without breaking a sweat but why is it that when Stoner points it out, he just sounds like a smug fat kid who's dad ownes the sweet shop.

Oh thats why, cause Stoner is a miserable stunt.

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

It all had to be said, but as ever there was only one man who had the balls. Take your bow, Mr Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

What grates the most..

with you Rossi tossers, is the fact that Stoner is FCKIN SPOT ON with his comments. I'm not a vindictive person, but I really hope he rides like shit next year...

Reply to this Topic
oioi

Aug 12

oioi says:

Yawn Yawn fukin Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The most important stat of all.

Stoner 23-0 Rossi on the Ducati take that Rossi fangirls.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Stoner doesn’t really like Rossi and he’s also had his moments with a handful of other riders down the years with either things he’s said or done and Rossi has had his moments with a handful of other guys too.

So what? It’s no big deal, these are all men doing a tough sport – I don’t think it upsets any of them particularly, a lot of them enjoy a bit of attitude and spice to motivate them. Why does it bother the ‘Stoner v Rossi brigade’ so much? Throughout sporting careers many of them have rivals they like and some they don’t, this has gone on since the dawn of time. It happens in tennis, snooker, athletics, football, rugby, BSB, WSB, BTTC, F1 and Motogp.

What I will say as a fairly level headed observer (imo) and is that Casey seems to have a hell of a lot of anger issues against Vale, which won’t be too good for his health. He’s definitely doing the right thing walking away from the sport when it makes him feel this way. He’s gonna be much better enjoying his wife and kid.
I’m also pretty certain (as a sports fan since the 70s) that in a few years time I have no doubts they’ll be sat together at the Goodwood Festival of Speed talking about the old days as friends and chatting about the bitter rivalry they shared while lapping on their old bikes.

Casey will end up as a 2 or 3 times Motogp champion and the record will show he was the only rider who really got real success in a 10 year campaign for the Duke team, so credit him for that. Ducati made a massive mistake how they treat Casey towards the end, with the rumours about his marriage, his health and the general lack of faith they put in him while he was winning on their donkey – yes he did moan a lot while he was there but he had good reason to and still even managed to win some races, even when the bike had become hopeless.

Reply to this Topic
DavidHondaCBF

Mar 10

harsh but fair

... unless rossi proves he can beat lorenzo next year

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Mis guided little Oompa Loompa's

Stoner's issue was always with Ducati management and their lack of desire to provide support, not the race team on the ground. He has consistently said he respects their efforts and has good relationships with them all.

The only flip-flipping comes from you and your fallen yellow sun god. So much emotional investiture, so much pain. Ha ha ha. You all deserve it.

Reply to this Topic
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

No more excuses

Put simply Rossi & Burgess couldn't fix the Duke and now going back to there favoured bike on mass, all the original team and data I think its fair to say any future excuses go out the window from here on in, if Rossi finishes next season behind Jorge that will be his nose well and truly rubbed in the SH1T... Oh how I wish Ducati could talk Stoner round especially with the Audi technology input & cash.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices