Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racman46

Jun 06

racman46 says:

You would have to ask Stoners wife first shes wears the trousers!!!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

They had it coming..

If both Rossi and JB had shown a modicum of respect to Stoner prior to Valentino's arrival, I don't think we'd be hearing this today. Casey's got nothing more to prove or anything to lose - giving it with both barrels is frankly, fair enough..

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Seeing as Stoner also jumped ship after failing to win a second championship fro Ducati I can't see how he is any position to criticise anyone...let alone a guy who has won a lot more championships than Stoner ever will.

Oh I forgot....Stoner HAS to moan about everything doesn't he :) I'll be glad when he is no longer in MotoGP and we can get back to racing instead of complaining. He has been moaning about Indianapolis this week as well hasn't he? maybe he should just stay at home then.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Must be brilliant being a stoner fan..

Reply to this Topic
yoshisham

Oct 11

yoshisham says:

Yamaha get back to WSBK, I miss the rumble noise from R1

Reply to this Topic
bonecrusher02

Feb 08

Moaner..

Just watch Stoner's head when he enters the paddock after a race ,if he wins =it's all smiles , anything less and that head starts shaking ,his face starts grimacing .As for developing a bike , he has not developed a single machine ! it has always been there for him, there is no denying he is a gifted rider but  just look at the recent incident with Bautista ,had it been the other way around then moaner would be claiming that Bautista was a dangerous rider and should be penalised. As for having a go at Rossi for leaving Ducati , did'nt he leave for exactly the same reason , win as many races as Rossi and then he  could shout his mouth off ,oh but he is leaving the paddock so it will never happen.This time next year his name will be forgotten and the records will show who was the most successful rider .Stoner needs to get an injection of personality and humility , who knows maybe his young family might do that for him and he will bethe better for it, 

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Hmmm

Hmmm all this talk is coming from a guy who has chucked his toys out the pram and wants to leave for good. I bet if Stoner was on this Ducati he wouldn't be a podium regular. The Ducati he rode is a different bike to what Rossi is currently on. Yes Rossi has took the get out of jail free card but he can't do anymore with the support he is getting. If Stoner was so good why didn't he stay with Ducati? Yes Rossi usually gets out qualfied by the other Ducati riders as Stoner mentioned but which Ducati rider crosses the line first more often. Some of the points Stoner has mentioned are completely true but I just think Stoner has seen this whole thing as a easy stab at Rossi. 99.9% of people would of done exactly the same as Rossi and want something he can be competitive on. Rossi has told Ducati what he needs and what the bike needs but they simply haven't listened. For example the engine is at the wrong angle compared to the Honda and Yamaha but Ducati won't change it because it clashes with their tradition.  

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Go back to Ducati then Stoner, you wont win on that horrible bike, as I remember it your last championship was in 2007 with it and it only got worse from there...... Rossi is just doing the smart thing.

Reply to this Topic
ghostmikey

Jun 12

ghostmikey says:

Stoner complains even when he has won saying things like 'it was a dog to ride I just had to my very best to bring the bike to the finish and we're lucky we finished where we did' and stuff like that, there's no pleasing the guy. He says here the amount of times Rossi's had to eat his own words he doesn't understand why people still listen and still forgive him, perhaps everyone's just fed up of listening to Stoner whining and takes no notice of him, that's somewhat ironic... Rossi's had success all his life, and the one time something's gone wrong for him everyone's put his entire career down to luck, at the first chance to slate him, Rossi's known for success and almost leading the sport, on the media side at least. Stoner's known for being blisteringly quick over a lap, but with a dogged attitude and consistent pessimism. Stoner won ONE championship on a Ducati, catching all the other teams off guard with the switch to 800 because of the Ducati's step ahead that year. Once everyone caught up he never won anything again, until HE got on a 'extremely good bike'

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Casey needs to get back on the duke to show them how it's done...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle