Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Grow up

Fact is all you guys moan about is I love Rossi, I love Stoner it's not football "my teams better than yours etc" it's bike racing and the issue is what ever you think about Stoner or Rossi they are both amazing riders. The fact is the Ducati has major issues that no rider seems to be able to fix. All I here on here is F''#ing this and that when someone says something about your beloved rider I liked Doohan Hislop Bayliss but I dont piss my pants when someone slags them. Grow up we are I believe mostly men over 25 years old and not 10year olds my dads better than yours and so on. 

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Wow that's a suprise!!

Stoner moaning about Rossi!! Wow!! We all know that Rossi/ Ducati has performed way below our expectations/ desires. No doubt it's the bike AND rider combo that's not working. I'm still hoping for some good results from them. Next year will be different for all riders/ manufacturers, will the Honda, yam or duke be the best bike in 2013?? Who knows. In just hoping that Rossi will be in the mix as we all know that guarantees good racing!!!!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

For anybody who ever wondered why casey stoner isn't popular...

...there you have it in black and white. There was absolutely no need for that at all. casey has zero charisma and no class. Crass in the extreme.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Stevowarrior

Rossi has not been the same since he threw a leg over the Duke

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

hello4646

you are typical of the blinkered view that the beloved Rossi never complains. You say that Rossi only moans when he's mid pack, then explain the reasoning behind the wall in the Yamaha garage and the childish tantrums with the factory because they have the audacity to employ a rider that was getting the better of him? It's this reluctance to admit that even the great Valentino can be a bloody prima donna when he puts his mind to it that grates with most race fans..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario

who say's Stoner's not popular? - I like him..

Reply to this Topic
Tezza29

May 12

Tezza29 says:

Missing the point

I think a lot of people are missing the point. It's not about comparing how many championships or how Rossi developed the Yamaha. Its purely about how Rossi used to jibe at Stoner on the Ducati saying he couldnt ride it.

The big point is that Stoner was able to ride it and win on it because he is a nut job who can ride seriously fast and pretty much ride around most problems.

Stoner won on a bike that no one else has been able to. He has even one a chapionship on a rubbish bike riding against people on much better bikes. He did it and Rossi couldn't.

We all know how good Rossi is and what he has achieved but this time Rossi couldnt do it. It's Stoner's way of making a point and a very good point at that. Stoner can ride a bike that isnt working and win where as Rossi can't.

Does anyone remember back in the day when Stoner had Bridgestones on the Ducati and was winning and Rossi was on Michelin's? Didnt he threaten to pull out of the championship if he didnt get the same tyres as Stoner because the bike and tyres were rumoured to be better? Was is that or was it just that Stoner had bigger balls and can ride around problems.

Stoner moans but Rossi moans just as much.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

CH, re-arrange this popular phrase

dog turd in a

casey stoner is

lucky dip

as popular as a

Reply to this Topic
WideEyedFox

Dec 10

WideEyedFox says:

Both Champions

Stoner could not make the Ducati competitive over 2009/2010, and so left for Honda. Rossi and his mighty crew could not make the Ducati any better over 2011/2012, and is now leaving to go back to Yamaha. They're both Champions, both want to win and they have both come to the same conclusion that there is something within Ducati preventing the development going in the right direction. The cost to Ducati over the 2011/2012 seasons has been far far greater than that spent during Casey's time with them - not only in money but now in status as a factory team with losing MotoGP's golden goose. As for the riders opinions - as professionals I'm sure they're entitled to them. Rossi and Co. were very vocal about Casey's efforts and the 80 second fix at Ducati. He is just giving as good as he got when Rossi announced he was going to Ducati. I don't blame him for retiring to be honest. He's won 2 championships on 2 different factory bikes, so has nothing else to prove. He has a lovely family and enough money to spend quality time with them. Good luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

CHR

You and 14 other people like Casey so we is never going to agree then is we.  I guess when you bring in big sponcors you can have the prima-donna demands as the Yam has had to have a little more blue paint applied to the bike than normal since he left.   ? for you.  Did you get a chance to buy any Casey merchandise from his stalls at the GP that were all over the place as were the VR46, JL99, SIC58,DP26 and even a Maverik stall and he is only in Moto3!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices