Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario..

..and we matter!

Reply to this Topic
WideEyedFox

Dec 10

WideEyedFox says:

Maybe...

...Rossi's ambition really did outweigh his talent this time. Just saying. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

hello4646

Unfortunately I didn't buy any Casey merchandise - did you manage to get that Grade 1 English manual you were after?..oh well, keep trying..

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Here comes the bitterness..

Great bike racers usually get a bit annoying when they hang their leathers up. In Casey's case he is already annoying so we are in for a lot more of this kind of comment. But I don't disagree with him.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Burgess

Made a comment last year which I think sums up: "Everyone is wokring very hard and trying news ideas and talking to one another, it would go much better if our rider joined in"

A very asstute comment from another Aussie, is this telling you how it is, or is this moaning as well.

Kids you have to realise that your pagen god rossi is more flawed than you would like to admit, he is one of the most egotistical tossers to grace the scene with his presence, oh you think its personality, no its tiresome.

On the "Entertainment" commnet, its no that at all, it is far more important, it is racing.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

petty and spiteful

While stoner has every right to be smug...people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Yes stoner is the only successful 800 ducati rider a couple of things come to mind why he should keep his trap shut. Firstly his championship year cam when he was enjoying a HUGE engine(20k thats like crt difference) speed advantage and a equally sweet tire performance advantage. Hell mid to back fielder hopkins finished 3rd that year also on bridgestones. Stoner is young...33 year ol rossi doesnt have 4 or 5 years to mess arond trying to get a piece of crap to work. After 07 stoner didnt have great luck either with diminishing results year after year. Granted casey could win on the duke but rossi won 3on the trot with honda and at stoners age had won 5 titles. Stoner only seems to be able to win with a huge performance advantage as last years honda was the best bike...this year its yamaha...and cant seem to be able to defend his crown....chooooooker!! And finally....who gives a crap if rossi can or cant ride the ducati when he can sure as hell ride the yamaha!!!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Possibly the most perfectly tailor-made story this forum has ever seen.

I can't be arsed reading the other posts, sorry, because I can imagine what they say. Great stuff from Casey Stoner and more fuel to keep this particular fire burning long after he's gone.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Erm...

Stevowarrior - "Sad, but it is understandable that he does not want to push limits and that he wants a 'safer' option."

You're saying he's lost it... understandable as you say, happens to some TTers before they retire... not sure you're right tho'.

Hello4646 - "And to be fair lets not forget how Casey slagged off Ducati when he left."

... & to be fairer let's not forget how Rossi slagged off Yamaha as he's recently reminded us so prominently.

1986vfr - "Firstly his championship year cam when he was enjoying a HUGE engine(20k thats like crt difference) speed advantage and a equally sweet tire performance advantage"

Whoa... it gets more every time... please tell me where he was 20k faster... in races it was usually around the 4 to 6 mark that Rossi's enjoying now.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

This has to be the article of the year printed on this site.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Which bits of case will we all miss

I think , without doubt, we'll all miss the on track battles, but I doubt anyone will miss his bad attitude and constant moaning.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices