Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fanofthesport

Mar 10

Rossi's replacement - Casey Stoner

Wouldn't that be great??? Casey would love to rub Valentino's face it it by getting back on the Duc and taking it to Rossi. Vale's only human. If he wants to go back on his word, why not? I would not want my years of excellence tarnished by the one bike I lacked the skill to master either. Even though Vale and Burgess pulled no punches when they were pounding away at Stoner when he was on the Duc, it really doesn't matter. Only one person has mastered the duc since the move to 800s and that's Casey Stoner. Rossi may have had big plans, but you can't do what you can't do. He couldn't do it. He couldn't ride it competively or develop it into something useful. So why not run away to something else that you can be comfortable with? Why not surrender the fight? He's just a guy. Nothing more. Just leave Nicky with it. People already forgot that he was a front runner and podium regular on the 990s. But not Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Oh Dear

What will there be to shout  about when Stoner's gone. These columns will be sadly lacking in content.

Now who wll the next victim be ?

Reply to this Topic
deeplycynicalman

Feb 12

Touche Casey...

Well said Casey, 

The main reason that everyone gives you a hard time is that you have the balls and talent to make a disparaging remark against their beloved "yellow sun god". 

You are one of the only riders of the modern era (+Lorenzo) who have absolutely pantsed Rossi - and by default his bum brigade of worshippers. 

The yellow brigade like to spout off about how you got onto the best bike on the grid everytime you won a championship, and maybe this is true... Where were the other Ducati victories and Honda victories then??? Surely if it was the bike then the result would have been a lot closer? Or could it possibly be due to the fact that you are one of the greatest riders of the modern age and without doubt the greatest Ducati rider. 

Yep, That's it. You will be missed. A breath of fresh air which says what it thinks.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rayc333

Oct 11

rayc333 says:

Shame such a great rider can be so negative (and remain so bitter) to another rider and the sport.

No wonder he can't hack it any more; he must be so unhappy.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

So much hate.

The sole reason Stoner is quitting. Rossi's popularity with the fans, manufacturers and Dorna. Can't blame him for getting it off his chest, though.

Reply to this Topic
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

Your totally correct rayc333...

...you are talking of Rossi though, aren't you?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bit rich..

Stacey calling Val a moaner..

Let's not forget who inherited the best bike in 2007 and steadily took it backward to the point it had to be scrapped. Stoner has no class whatsoever and is just a bitter little jerk the same as his boyfriends here at MCN.

Saying that..he was a bit handy on the Ducati and it bugs me that I have a grudging respect for his ability on that bike. Shame he's losing to serial 4th best alien on the same bike this year though.

If it continues like this to the end of the season his fans will never here the end of it and Casey himself will be in danger of putting himself in the same class as everybody else, God forbid..that he can only win a title when he's got a clear advantage on the best bike.

Bye-bye..don't forget your coat. 

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Fuck all to do with Casey really. Although its in his mind good revenge for Rossi saying Casey was coasting towards end of his Ducati career. I want to like Casey but I just can't stand him. I like it when he lashes out at people. Funny as fuck because I wouldn't get bored of whacking that little prick if he did that to me.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

however big of a fan you are of rossi and however much u hate stoner, everything he just said is correct, you cannot deny this. Well rossi hardcores can deny anything though i guess

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The reason Casey is a quitter is Valentino..he's done his head in.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices