Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Wosi

That last couple of sentences could be true....:lol:.

Stoner is only speaking his mind , he always does!! , he has probably been waiting for years to say that , and he is right.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

RevRoger

Stoner does have some morals , like us all . He is pretty honest , so i would say he has a bit of integrity .

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

KaBOOOOmmmmmm

HAHAHAHA> well said casey. I love the yellow brigade to defend their hero. HAHA

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

More riders need to speak out like this it only makes thing interesting for us fans I wonder what the other riders reaction will be who is also leaving MotoGP I bet its another scathing attack like this one but not on the rider most likely on them bastards Dorna.

Reply to this Topic
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

i'll be down to see you at Dunoon local radio in the next dew days benny boy.

you disgust me, with this fake personality of yours.

Reply to this Topic
deeplycynicalman

Feb 12

hypocrite..

So Rev, 

The subject may be too deep for Stoner, but by my observations of your own "shallow spiteful" judgement of Stoner, you have already fallen foul of your own claims of ethics. 

To denigrate someone for stating their own thoughts and beliefs (based on real life experience) and then in the next sentence to to spout some weak statement (thinly veiled in theology) which is tantamount the same thing... except for the experience part, and all  that on top of the statements of discust!!! What a tool

I call Hypocricy!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Moaner moaning about a moaner

You couldn't make it up, the king of the moaners moaning about someone moaning, Casey is on shakey ground there, he has also criticised Ducati for "showing their true colours" when the milky man was upsetting him back in 2009.

He's a strange and angry kid, i'll miss his riding ability next season but sure won't miss his bitching about others, step forward victims Rossi, Marco ( an unforgivable amount of stick Stoner gave Simmo ), Bautista, any CRT rider except Edwards as Colin would slug him, he'll not be missed by many in the paddock.

He's entitled to his opinion, however he's won 2 titles whereas the man he is attacking has 9 to his credit including 500 V4 2 stroke... personally i'd have loved Rossi to stay with Ducati, but at 33 he has 2 or 3 years at most so anyone in their right mind who wants to win will take the option that best gives them that chance... would you rather he took Ducati/Audi's millions and waited to see what happened, no thought not, it's a no brainer, if he were in his 20's i reckon he would stay and se the job out, Rainey said as much in the paper today. 

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

hmmm

I'm sure Rossi is pissing himself over those comments, they just show how much of an inferiority complex Stoner has. At the end of the day Rossi has won 9 world championships and Stoner 2. Enjoy your retirement Casey it's going to be a long one.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shamed..

Are these the words of a true world champ who is comfortable an confident in his own skin?

No..

They are not the measured thoughts and structured beliefs deeplycyclopicwoman would have you believe..they are typically humourless and bitter contortions from an intellectual lightweight reinforcing the opinion that most fans have of him.

Sad..but the kid has brought about his own demise. He was never tough enough to see things through. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

Karma What comes around

I think Casey is spot on and I did not want to admit it when Rossi first got a contract. I wanted a great rider on a Ducati and Italian topped it off. I always thought Rossi was able to work with the bike whether it was set up correctly or not. As stoner points out this is not so. Rossi has had a fair amount of time to sort out the bike with his team. hayden has also showed how hard it is to get the bike up there with others but showed better times than Rossi. Maybe the main complaint should be aimed at Rossi saying that his team under Burgess would sort out the bike.

Stoner change your mind please and get back on the Ducati

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle