Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"They are not the measured thoughts and structured beliefs deeplycyclopicwoman would have you believe..they are typically humourless and bitter contortions from an intellectual lightweight reinforcing the opinion that most fans have of him."

Sorry, are you talking about Rossi criticising Stoner in 2010 or Stoner on Rossi? Ah, yeah, you said measured not clueless.

:laugh::laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Ducati have been left in the lurch I believe. they abandoned their central design - the monoquoque frame and went down the beam frame route all to no avail.

Reply to this Topic
deeplycynicalman

Feb 12

wosi,

Seems I have touched a nerve with you Woosi... and by default all of you Rossi bum friends.

Although it is quite humorous the way that you use the word intellectual in your post. Where is your yellow sun god when it comes to "seeing things through" at the moment... Oh that's right, it all got a bit tough and confusing in team Ducati so I'll jump ship thanks for the best handling bike on the grid... Maybe then I can salvage some sort of respect.. (laughter not recorded)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I like this bit..

"The amount of times that guy has had to eat his words is not funny but people still forgive him for it..“

No!..I will not go to Motegi..

I am not quitting..

Our tyres chunked..spring to mind Casey.

People forgive Rossi because he is a man, warts and all..not a little boy throwing his toys son.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Casey Minogue

I just can't get you out of my head 
Laguna Corkscrew's all I think about 
I just can't get you out of my head 
Boy, its more than I dare to think about

Rorossi Rorororossi Rorossi Rorororossi...

Casey Minogue 

I pinched this off some whit elsewhere.lulzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Struth Casey, talk about bitter !

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Rossi doesn't need anyone defending him - I don't think he particulary cares what Stoner thinks of him in truth!

But to be fair to Jerry Burgess and for those who don't remember, long before ever teaming up with Rossi he had already been a major player in teams who won 8 world championships in 15 years and been runner-up twice and 3rd once I think, with 2 different manufactures and 4 different riders. Suzuki with Mamola, and Doohan, Gardener and Spencer (i his famous double year). Not credentials to be ignored.

So although Stoner likes to diss the guy - he's had far greater success even before Casey was even born. Yep JB's '80 second fix' has turned around and bit him, seems no one is allowed to make mistakes, but it is also worth noting JB spent a lot of time in Stoner's early days singing his praises and getting his name out there.

Shame Casey hasn't got the grace to remember all that

Reply to this Topic
paso456

Jun 10

paso456 says:

Stoner

Been a racer and been around racing for 40 years...seen them come and go...yes they all are good and have the nerve to ride these beasts...... but only a few riders are truely GRAND PRIX RIDERS.....Hailwood, Read, Ago and a much under rated STONER....they all could ride the Ducati.......Rossi is great but his failure with Ducati says maybe he's not as intense as he should be to pay the price for victory.....he will not be as successful as many think with the Yamaha....

Reply to this Topic
PedroGonza

Aug 12

PedroGonza says:

This Stoner guy is really a very unpleasant character, and also not a very cleaver one...he is so transparent! The real reason behind is retirement from MotoGP is not DORNA, regulations, CRT or other reasons mentioned here and there...it is just VALENTINO ROSSI! Stoner, with his two titles (so what!)thinks he is the greatest, and that MotoGP paddock should be at his feet, like it is with Rossi...Stoner should be remembered that he is racing for more than a decade now, quite often with factory bikes (e.g.,KTM)without much results...as for the Rossi issue, Stoner should keep in mind the lesson taken at Laguna Seca a couple years ago.

Reply to this Topic
gamma498

Nov 05

gamma498 says:

ohh how funny it would be this weekend if Rossi pushes like hell, loses the front again and takes Stoner out of the race. Stoner would be going absolutely mental and Rossi could just say, Sorry Casey, but you said I should be pushing the bike to it's limit...........found it!'

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices