Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
deeplycynicalman

Feb 12

Rev

I'm Pretty sure that Casey's motives are that he is sick of having to put up with twats the likes of you... Not all people are content to sit at home in their bed and judge the world from a keyboard. Some go out there and actually get it done. 

He's also probably tired of people relentlessly backing Rossi publicly for the last 2 years when he's done absolutely f*#k all. 

He's probably sick of all his achievements being been credited to the bike... the same bike that Rossi couldn't ride (and has now completely fucked up) which was claimed to be the reason for all of his wins (go figure)? 

Maybe this is his final chance to call it the way he sees it, and judging by the length of this debate in comments, it's well overdue. 

He's a better rider than Rossi (right now), so is Lorenzo. We can talk about championships till the cows come home but the truth is (as hard is it may be), is that Rossi is sadly moving into the realms of Doohan, and Rainey and Schwantz et al. He Should leave now before he becomes another Lawson (no insult intended to Lawson fans). 

Who are these "seething masses" you refer to? From What I see, it's the same 15 or so regular "Rossi" posters that seem to pop up everywhere on these boards.

I'm also quite keen to know on what basis you feel you have the right to judge any WORLD CHAMPION as a discrace. 

Please feel free to list your world championships to give credit to this statement.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Handbags at dawn

Wow....not good for the MotoGP brand... I like Stoner's grit and the recent, complementarty Matt Oxley and Bike article explains a lot of his chippiness....but this rant was ill advised.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Stoner's outburst is exactly the reason that people can't take to him - personally I can't stand the po-faced whining little c***t - but - having said that MotoGP will be the poorer for his departure!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Strike and counter strike

Stoner vs Rossi is going to be missed on the forums next year.  Best we call it a draw.

Competing on the same level and resultant championship standings sees Rossi 3 to 2 over Stoner. That being 2008,2009 and 2010 to Stoner's 2007 and 2011. 2012 should see Stoner draw level. I'm talking prototype within a full factory team.

Remind me of 2006 and I will be forced to invoke the 23 - 0 Ducati amendment to adress the 2nd tier LCR Honda/Michelin scenario.

Truce says I. Both greats of there respective era's.

Generosity of spirit is something you will find in George Lorenzo. Welcomes Rossi back to M1 cottton wool.

Mind you,like a scorpion he's merely embracing his prey with outstretched arms before sticking the needle in.

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Do you remember?

Do you remember this article? It is an absolute gem!

MCN: How would you feel about stepping back to Yamaha and being with Jorge again?

Rossi: “My feeling has changed a lot because the situation has changed. I had some problems in the past with Jorge, especially because I was angry with Yamaha. After all I did for Yamaha they put in the team a very strong team-mate so I was p****d off with Yamaha more than him. Now it is a different situation and I understand that Yamaha made the right choice for Yamaha. This is not a big problem.”

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/July/jul3012-Valentino-to-yamaha/

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Oh, the drama....

Not sure which is more entertaining, Stoner throwing Rossi's words back in his face or you lot on MCN bashing each other, claiming intellectual superioriy and looking for others' agreements and acceptance.  Kind of like competing in the special olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Crash.net writes

Crash.net writes:

Stoner - the most successful MotoGP rider since 2006 - will retire at the end of this season, while Ducati is yet to announce Rossi's replacement.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182859/1/stoner_rossi_has_done_nothing_but_complain.html

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Casey is sick, casey is tired, casey is sick..

What?..do you mean he's going to chunder in his helmet then have to go and have a lie down for three races while he forges a sicknote?

Deeplycyclopicwoman has to be playing a wistful and mournful violin..My heart pumps purple piss for you gal.

Hahaha..Thank goodness there'll be a lot less orange fuckos around next year.  

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

I fear that if Rossi does not perform to his previous level on the Yamaha then his career could well finish on a low. This would be a real shame as without doubt he has entertained motorcycle racing fans for many years during his winning times. What he needs to remember is the age old saying "the grass ain't always greener on the other side of the fence"

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

amazing rider

Casey is an amazing rider and if he had Rossis commitment and enthusiasm and carisma  he could have become one of the greats such as doohan or Gardner. Instead he has alianated most of the general public by his constant whinging, arogance and disrigard for fellow riders and the sport in general. The reasons why he is retiring are 2 fold one he is a family man and wants to spend more time with them which i respect.Two.. If he doesnt win the race he cant take it . I looked at him when he won Laguna  and he was bathing in glory (it was a really good win) but when he looses he acts like a spoilt brat. I am sure if their wasnt a certian rider Lorenzo beating him most weeks he wouldnt be retiring

So before he starts criticizing Rossi it would be nice if he looked at how he has acted in  the past. Good luck in his retirement though but i have a feeling he will be back hopefully acting like a mature adult.         

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices