Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Does anyone honestly believe Stoner would hold this grudge

and to be fair it is one, if Rossi had actually shown an ounce of humility and actually apologised to Stoner for his quite silly "Stoner not riding it hard enough' and "pussies' lines that have bitten the living incarnation of Ra so hard on his scrawny yellow arse?

The three Aliens respect each other and get on fine. Only the once was one is bitchy and spiteful. Where does fault lie again? Fine rider as he is / was, he's still got a lot of maturing to do as a person does Rossi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ratchet

You're a typical Rossi blower who will twist anything to suit your own argument.

First, you have no idea why Stoner is retiring so stop talking utter shit. Second, Stoner has been seen by anyone watching GP, congratulating whoever has won whilst they have been in the winner's enclosure and on the podium.

I've yet to see him stay sitting on his bike in the winner's enclosure, keep his helmet on, refuse to acknowledge the winner, refuse to talk to anyone, refuse an interview, just because he was beaten in his home race by a rider he was insanely jealous of and who he didn't want in the team - ie: when Lorenzo beat him in Italy

But you choose to let that little episode and tantrum sulk slip by don't you.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Next year Orange and Red

A Hugebunch will be rooting for Marquez and Dovizioso. Team Blue supporters will be rooting for Lorenzo.

However and back to the issue at hand. 2012 is on a knife edge. Clearly a bunch of fans are getting ahead of here and now. According to some, 2013 won't even happen. Mayan calendar and all.  

USA trying to clean up 'agent orange' in Vietnam. Smacks of Ducati mid 2012 trying to clean up agent Yellow. False Prophet. GP 2011 ends in 80 seconds quoth he.

The hell with that anyway.  Picture this. Dovi  does a Stoner pre season testing. I would not rule it out.

Dovi does tend to hammer the front end better than most.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Did he really Bultoboy, ha, ha ha.

I missed that. Exhibit A, no further evidence required. Such astounding petulance could only come from an ego that big. Ha, ha, ha. Thanks Bulto, I'll treasure that little snippet.

Reply to this Topic
wayne27

Aug 12

wayne27 says:

Poor Casey!

Well, this is what a whole career in the shadows will do to you! If I was Casey I'd hate Rossi too, because no matter what he does the majority will never love him like they do Rossi (although he does have a very solid and loyal fanbase which his riding abilities fully merit). Nowadays, he is a superior rider to a 33 year old Ross,i but press bites like these are not a good reflection on him at all and I feel a bit let down as a fan. His comments about finishing behind Barbera and Nicky are hugely disrepectful to two extremely professional riders. He needs to focus on his own career, he's currently behind not only Lorenzo but his team mate Dani. And he may be 'the most successful motogp rider since 2006', but he's only one championship ahead of Nicky lets not forget. A hugely talented rider, but these bitter comments are frankly an embarrassment to the sport, and after all of his success in the sport I fear he leaves himself to be remembered by many for moments like this rather than his almost peerless talents on the track.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

"he needs an extremely good bike to be able to win"

"he needs an extremely good bike to be able to win" sounds like someone else I know ermmm Stoner. The two championships Stoner has won have been in years where he was on the best bike. 2007 - Stoner joined Ducati when they caught the Japanese off guard plus with the added extra of Bridgestone tyres. 2011 - Stoner joined Honda when he knew they would chuck everything at it that year so that Honda could win an 800cc championship, yet again Honda was the best bike in that year. In the years where the other teams have caught up ala after 2007 Stoner struggled with the Ducati and gave up. This year when the Honda hasen't been the out and out best bike Stoner has struggled to compete with the Yamaha and more importantly Lorenzo. Stoner can't stand there and say Rossi can't win on a under-performing bike when he can't either.

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

Disrespect.

'...he keeps getting beaten by Nicky and Hector (Barbera) and that is nothing to be proud of.' That, right there, is why you are a cunt, Casey. You shall not be missed.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"More riders need to speak out like this it only makes thing interesting for us fans I wonder what the other riders reaction will be who is also leaving MotoGP I bet its another scathing attack like this one but not on the rider most likely on them bastards Dorna".

so you're looking forward to the racing at Indy this weekend?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Very sad Casey

Why make yourself sound like such a bitter ,jealous envious little tosser?

Rossi have had to eat humble pie after all the bravardo before he joined Ducati and has made himself look stupid.

Casey people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Your last two year on the Ducati were shite too. a pair of fourth places, win rate dropping every year and beaten into fourth by a badly injured Rossi who had missed for races!! Your fan boys will always claim you found something because you who afew at the end of 2010. but us realists know it was a win or bin approach  and the stats back that up.

You left a turd and its still a turd, way behind the two Japanese factories as the clueless italian engineers scratch their heads.

Your no better than Rossi was in his prime and are clearly jealous of his popularity and success. Dont be such a coward , sign up for Ducati and prove your words. Scared of an old man beating you on his Yamaha perhaps????

Reply to this Topic
stonerFAGGOT

Aug 12

stonerFAGGOT says:

OMG

check this stoner video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DNyDYEBuplk

watch it all!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy