Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

He is a straight talking guy

He just can't tell the time.

Reply to this Topic
yamman46

Apr 11

yamman46 says:

Lets not forget stoners "illness" where he missed races. this was clearly due to being burnt out. He quit the duke as he knew it was never going to be a consistant podium success. he went to honda for the money and the desire to win more races which he coulde'nt do at ducati.......where is stoner going next year....oh yeah he's retiring......what a quitter. Rossi has returned to a bike that he know's, taken a pay cut, acting as second fiddle to lorenzo and will eat humble pie...Rossi is going back as he wants to achieve more wins to his tally....this is definatly not a sign of a quitter (like stoner) but indeed a true fucking legend who deseves a second chance...I have left a company i worked for which turned out to be shit so went back....its the same thing (apart from i earn peanuts)...I am certainly looking forward to next year in motogp....its been shite this year...Good luck to rossi !

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

caniborrowcaseyswife

That's what make this so funny reading all the comments from these moaning hypocrites - Stoner is saying stuff we already know to be true. It's ruffling feathers because it hurts their feelings that it's coming from Stoner. That's what the fuss is really about. Nothing more.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Quitting?

Stoner was offered over £10m to stay with HRC for next year, but sacked it to do other things. Whether this is racing in a different format or just monging it with his family is no buisness or ours and can't be called a quitter because he hanging his Repsol leathers up. Maybe he has got a little pissed off with the Series. It certainly isn't what it once was...... As for me and what I would do? I'd fucking snap HRC's hand off but then again, I'm crap on track and sure they'd see through me soon enough!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Suits you sir..

Nicely pointed out BB but you're wasting your time.

The whole 80 second thing was not a personal attack on Stoner or Gabbarini. All the hubris and schadenfreude of the last two years is baseless, paranoia.

Saying that..Stoner was definitely swinging lead and not trying just after he signed for Honda 2010. Silverstone was the perfect example..

Wait?..what am I saying? The lad had arm pump I forgot, brought on by tight fitting underwear..or was it new gloves?

Buggered if I can remember all the excuses.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

Ducati: Rossi and Melandri comparison

This what Casey has said are just pure facts, he has said what should be said in that particular 'red' issue (without taking away other 46 trophies).

Let's turn back to 2009 when Marco Melandri after disastrous Ducati experience (he had hell lower support and riding a much worse Desmosedici GP8 than GP11/GP12 was still capable to be 5th in China) had short Kawasaki coming and after their sad sudden withdrawal agreed to participate in Hayate Team - a totally unsupported team based on anything what Kawasaki factory had left and what remained in their garage.

He once was 5th in Spain and then 2nd in France! Again: totally no support, no new parts, hell amount of limits, no salary, minimal if any team's budget...This compared with milion bucks worthy mix between Rossi and Ducati and Marlboro and Monster energy with one 3rd podium and one 2nd podium is just the same result if not worse!

I would like to see Rossi a strong contender again but not in that conditions, that circumstances, not as Yamaha rider.

Reply to this Topic
chris846

Aug 12

chris846 says:

young casey

Oh dear, Casey just won't stop moaning about VR, ever.   I wonder why?

Go back to your ranch junior, and don't ever forget about that moment at the corkscrew. We won't, because that was the truly great mano y mano moment that settled it for ever.

You've been a great rider Casey and, ironically, it's only been VR's struggles on 'your' Ducati that have shown that to be the case. 

But VR is the greatest, ever. You complain that he's not really trying right now. He's thirty three. You've stopped your trying way before then.

I'll be watching VR whilst ever he races because he's history. You go away now and settle for being just a  couple of answers in a sports quiz. So long.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Some hilarious comments!

I think you'll find that Stoner was the original agitator/agent provocateur. Pity Sic isn't still with us, to carry it on with Lorenzo! Maybe he would have been arrested by now? We need another Mick Doohan!!!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think you'll find jamie999...

For what it's worth here's my inflamatory contribution, Casey Stoner is a tit, Valentino Rossi is a tit, everyone in the GP paddock is a tit, everyone on this thread is a tit (especially me, I want to be head tit), everyone in the world is a tit, discuss....

...that everybody is either a dick, pussy or asshole

http://youtu.be/HDPQumbccCY

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

V8 supercars

ive heard that Casey might be driving Austrailian V8 super cars next year. if he treats some of those drivers with the same arrogance and contempt that he seems to treat crt riders with it wont be him doing the punching. it will be jamie wyncup and his mates 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices