Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Hardly smashed him wosi. Up until PI before the digit was ground away JL was 30-odd points adrift. CS is 30-odd points adrift now.

Take into account JL's DNF at Silverstone in 2011 that contributed to that gap, and CS's DNF at Sachsenring that contributes to the current gap and the difference is as hardly as big as you're making out, it's a matter of a handful of points here or there, hardly a smashing.

Now, can you care to explain the gargantuan difference in results achieved by Stoner and Rossi on the Ducati?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shame you left out the conjunctivitis bit from one of your all-time classics, Bob.

Nobody is trying to demean Caseys efforts on that Ducati..if there is one thing he has proved beyond all doubt it's the value he added to the winning combination. Some might say it's the reason Preziosi and his team were/are a bit lackadaisical in their approach to developing the bike. For sure, Stoner opened a lot of eyes.

The issue in question here is not what he has said above, per se..it's all been said a thousand times before here and elsewhere - and yeah, maybe he does have a point - it's the way he's said it.

It's why he feels he has to make the statement after he's proved his efforts were/are key to Ducati and Honda, as reigning world champion. It gives us insight into the fragile state of mind, the low self esteem and petulant character that has driven him to the quitting cul-de-sac.

One can only imagine what a joy he's been to be with over this mini summer break while on holiday..scheming, brooding and plotting this outburst which proves what? How does it show him in a positive light?

He'd be better served concentrating his energies on beating his rivals and closing the gap, focussing on the task in hand to win the title and bow out with a little grace.

One fck up from here on in and I can see him imploding, especially if people start to get on his back. If that happens and he's third behind Lorenzo and Pedrosa in November..what could have been a tremendous legacy, with him being mentioned fondly in the same breath as all time legends of this sport, will be in tatters and he''ll have nobody to blame but himself. 

He has to back up his title after this.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

fair dues wosi

that post was a decent read

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Haha...

Like I always say Wosi, it's only the fairweather fans who could forget him, and though your hard on for Flo often demeans your intentions, I reluctantly and somewhat begrudgingly exclude you from that group... just!

Even cocksuckers like Fireturd and SuperSplurryo will remember Flo's biggest rival wouldn't you agree?

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Wosi still in fantasy land....

Dani finishing in front of casey for the 2012 title roflmao, you really are a deluded hater dude. 

Reply to this Topic
axco

Nov 11

axco says:

casey stoner slams valentino rossi yamaha return.

should have gone to speck savers.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Laugh while you can..

That's where he is at the moment pal..over halfway through.

Tell me.. where do you think Honda and Repsol would like to see the #1 plate next year, festooning the front of one of their bikes or parked up with a retired Stoner?

Team orders anyone?..or worse, skullduggery in the pits.

See how magnanimous wosi is?..ready made excuses for you next year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Keep it coming MotoKing loving your comments hilarious as always.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Wosi you sound desperate...

".. where do you think Honda and Repsol would like to see the #1 plate next year, festooning the front of one of their bikes or parked up with a retired Stoner?"

LOL yeah I am sure honda think that dani can beat JLO to the 2012 title what he,s won 1 race to caseys 4, I know who I would be putting my money on if the gap is to be bridged, but by all means ,whatever makes you feel better dude lol.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Home video of motokings mum...

http://youtu.be/cMsraH5KJTo

...which would explain a lot about the guy

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale