Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Prince O R

You could learn something from that post of Wosi's. Objectivity is what it's all about. Dismissing realistic comments with childish acronyms like LMAO puts you in the same class as Milkybars. No matter which rider you support. Pedrosa has the potential to do it, if he gets it together for the rest of the season he may well do just get close to lifting the title.

Good post Wosi, not sure though that he has been brooding over this for the summer. He just shoots from the hip and says what he feels. As to why he said it, more like MCN have posed the question knowing it will generate what it has... I don't think it reflects a fragile state of mind, you can feel something without letting it get to you. I don't think he hates Rossi, he seemed to have no problems congratulating him when he beat him at the Le Mans race, more like he's just pissed off at the one rule for one, different rule for everyone else state of affairs that has always existed.

You've got to admit, Rossi has said some pretty unsavoury things about rivals over the years and they've been unsolicited, not in response to questions. He fell out with Biaggi before they even shared a racetrack - the groundwork to depose Biaggi from the spot of Italy's darling perhaps?

As I've said before, they've all had their mom,ents - on the whole, Stoner has been pretty quiet about the Rossi/Ducati saga. Ge could have gone to town on it every weekend if he wanted to rub his nose in it.

Still, fair do, good balanced post - much better than those pointless rants with the stats....

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Not pulling any punches hey Casey! You tell 'em.

Hey J.B. we're now at 52 and a half million seconds and counting mate. Time to go back home and hang up your spanners.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Roger that good buddy but..

It's not wosi who's desperate me old china..or retiring to leave a big empty space in the Australian road racing talent stakes.

I agree that Casey should be the better bet but, would you put that same money on him podiuming the next 8 races?

He has been succeptible to erratic performances under pressure in the past you know.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

chuckle chuckle

meanwhile back in lorenzo land, some cool little fkr unwraps another  chuppa lolly ,dipping it into his daily breakfast of ice cubes,wondering if he should make a comment on the matter to help speed up the demise of stoner or say nothing, just beat him ontrack and watch him unravel.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Bulto...

"You've got to admit, Rossi has said some pretty unsavoury things about rivals over the years"

-Calculated moves designed to cause a reaction and get under the skin of his rivals. Looks like it worked only too well with casey as he still can't get over it.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Bultoboy

I backed up my posts with statistics 4 wins to 1, take a look at the bookies not even the spaniards have dani in front of casey for the title you name me one, wosi is pulling his pud I used to think he was about the wind up but rossi's implosion has sent him over the edge imo, you should know better than fostering his delusional state of mind.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Stoner is like....

..a wet fart- uncomtable, anoying and abit of a let down 

bring on next year when he will be in the kitchen doing the dishes for his boss

and did i see old man bob put someone had a hardon for Rossi!?!?!?!?!?

the only peson with a hardon for Rossi is you old man every post i see from you on MCN has Rossi in it,

LOVE HIM MUCH!!!

how many posters do you have on the wall of him?

Reply to this Topic
robains

Aug 12

robains says:

Sounds to me like Stoner has something to prove?

Sounds to me like Stoner has envy ... why else toss all that crap out about Rossi and then run away from the sport (retire) at a youngish age ... I can only assume Stoner fears Rossi or else he would stay to go head to head with Rossi.

Does Stoner think Rossi can also design and engineer a chassis, carbon fiber swing arms and front ends, a motor, a transmission, a ... Stoner's statements are so idiotic and exposes what appears to be a failure within himself.

Stoner sounds like he needs to stay and prove a point ... so prove it and don't retire.

But if I'm not mistaken Stoner is ON the best bike, yet he's 3rd in the championship ... hmmm.  Lorenzo could be doing the same smack down talk to Stoner ... but he doesn't.

Today's top tier MotoGP bikes are built for small riders, everything about them is designed around a very specific body frame size ... Rossi, Ben Spies are sadly just too tall.  Sure the can build a bigger frame, but that's NOT going to help, it'll just make the bike harder to turn and transition quickly.  That's the reality of MotoGP ... small riders have a benefit.

I used to have respect for Stoner, but his continued smack down talk is more from someone that wanted to have as many wins as Rossi, but never did ... but up or shut up Stoner. 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Incredible...

...even after all thats happened, and VRs episode on the Ducati, he still pulls caseys strings so easily. Rossi owns casey, and always will.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

robains

"Rossi, Ben Spies are just too tall". Oh. My. Fucking. God. Now I've heard some fucktard excuses in my time, most recently from Rossi himself, but that takes the biscuit. Marco Simoncelli was the tallest of the lot and he was doing alrite before his tragic accident.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices