Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
60mphtofast

Aug 12

60mphtofast says:

Rossi

like 95% of the world I too want to punch the little boy stoner in the face, but he has a point with Rossi over his move backward to Yamaha. He has put a black mark on himself with his lack of effort with Ducati his home countries bike. Everyone goes on about Rossi the best but his last three years have shown him to have lost it. Yes he still sells caps and its a good job he uses 46 as a cap with 4th 3rd if lucky 2nd just will not look as good. Ducati sold to the Germans at the right time me thinks. Its a shame that Stoner has given up its good to have a bad guy to spice things up everyone else is too scared to say what they really think.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

OMG is this an alltime post record? Foggy became slightly annoying when he quit racing - Stoner is already annoying - it don't bode well for you Casey.

Reply to this Topic
stevegsv650s

Jul 05

stevegsv650s says:

Rossi

There's no doubt that Casey is a fantastic rider and can, on the face of it, ride anything you put under him and win on it. However, his constant criticism of Valentino is something I for one will not miss when he retires and goes back to the other side of the world. You hardly EVER hear anyone else criticising other riders, but all Casey ever does is criticise Valentino and Valentino alone. He's obviuosly very jealous of Vale's popularity and has been ever since he graduated to MotoGP. Personally I don't think he's ever recovered from Laguna 2008 and the abject lesson he received from Vale that day..We'll all miss the guys talent but not his constant sniping..Honda are better off without him

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I hate it when people wheel out the stats to prove a point - when they are usually pointless and twisted to suit the purpose of their argument - you're as bad as politicians. Comparing Rossi and Stoner over a defined period in the manner that Aquarius has does seem at first glance to be fair - but to come to the conclusion that Stoner is the 'superior rider' is clearly a leap too far. Fair enough in that particular sample, the stats swing in Stoner's favour - however if you made the criteria for the sample more broad to say their entire career - from the day they started riding motorcycles - then I am certain Rossi has had vastly more success than Stoner. Aquarius's stats entirely ignore the fact that during this period one guy is approaching the end of his long competitive career, while the other was at the peak of his short one - and the different mentality that comes with it. My point being is that stats DO lie and can be easily manipulated to suit any argument, so please stop swinging them around to make ridiculous statements as though they are fact.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

How is it sour grapes?

He could have responded to Rossi/Burgess's comments and slights at any time previously but just got on with riding the wheels off his bike. I'm guessing he was asked the right questions at the right time and just said what he felt. Most of what he seems to have said above is actually what other people said thrown back at them. Ergo if these things hadn't been said originally there wouldn't be this story.

Valentino Rossi built a large part of his career on sledging others and Stoner's comments are just the delayed response to what was said about him. Personally I've left a couple of jobs because of the ridiculous egos of others who weren't as good as they reckoned and it was tough, especially as I enjoyed the jobs but I wasn't prepared to deal with politics and favouritism. Did I quit? Yes. Am I a quitter? No, not as a rule but I do have a low fuckwittery threshold.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Stats

If they're the numbers then they're the numbers, they can't be twisted. They are what happened and if you don't like them then that's probably because they undermine your already weak argument further.

Everything else is opinion F.A.C.T

Reply to this Topic
aced77

Jun 12

aced77 says:

Sour grapes

OK so Rossi failed to transform the Ducati into a championship winning machine, he's not the only rider who has failed - apart from Stoner nobody has really been able to ride that bike consistantly well, even Casey himself would have to say his form on the Ducati was not consistant, he was better than any one else on it no doubt, but he still had his flops on it - maybe Stoners Italian crew knew how to set the Ducati up better than Rossi's Australian led crew? who knows... I can't help but feel that Casey is just bitter towards Rossi due to the fact that Valentino seems to be very popular with the fans and for some reason Casey is not so well liked? and when I see Casey on TV he just looks grumpy, I get the feeling his wife is forcing him to quit because they have a baby now and he resents this. I respect Stoner as a rider, but he is not doing himself any favours attacking Rossi, I could be wrong but I think Rossi still has the skill and drive to beat anyone, including Casey, its a real shame Casey is quitting because imagine the fireworks nxt season with Valentino being able to mix it with the leaders again..... when it all boils down Rossis record will always dwarf Caseys, Casey was great on the Ducati and he deserves credit for that, he then moved to a very competive Honda and also dis very well.... Rossi was great on the Honda, then moved to an ordinary Yamaha and turned it into a great bike, he then failed on the Ducati but will redeem himself on the Yamaha he developed!

Reply to this Topic
IWATA46

Aug 12

IWATA46 says:

Stoner - Rossi

Hello to you all at the MCN forum.

Casey Moaner - good rider - Good Ridence

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

But it's ok for Rossi to attack riders?

He was ok to attack Max, Sete et al but THE ONE TIME it's done to him then it's wrong? Despite most of the words actually being Rossi's, how does that work?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

It would great if one day we could cover new ground

If Rossi turned the Yamaha into a great bike then why was Masao Furusawa contacted about the Desmosedici?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle