Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Stoner will be remeberd as

the most hated boy in the  gp

yes he is very good on a bike but as a person a top class dickhead like most (not all) of his fans

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wanking down Lambeth..

You've been spanking your monkey for the best part of two years now Nostril..jizztastic talk of tyres eh?

" ..there's no competition, the tyre manufacturer don't really have to try, they don't have to put in any effort, they just want to save as much money as they can. The tyres we had in 2007 and 2008 were a lot better than the tyres we have today. It's difficult to get that sort of performance that we had in the past, and that's why it's difficult to ride sometimes.
The bikes have been going forwards and forwards but the tyres haven't been. Most of the tyres for this year are the same as the ones we had last year." 

http://www.cycletorque.com.au/Casey-Stoner-Interview/ - Phillip Island 2011.

As for your contention that Stoner was no faster in 2011 on the RCV than 2010 on the Ducati..

Ffs man, it seems there are there no limits to your imagination through that bitter orange haze, buckshooting your own credibility in the process.

I've a feeling Lorenzo may disagree with you there pal..HRC too after all the money and gearboxes they threw at the job.

That million dollar transmission was conservatively worth 2-3 tenths a lap. HRC were on a mission to save face but chief oompa Nobstrokanus reckons it was all in vain because Stoner was as quick on the barge of a Carbon Fibre Ducati?

You claim tyre improvements are responsible for Rossi going as fast as Stoner on the Ducati, then say Stoner was no faster on the Honda than on the Ducati with the same tyres?

What..didn't they work on the RCV? Did Casey win 10 races and a title on duds then? 

You're fkin puddled son.

What you should be asking yourself..is given that Stoner was as fast on the 2010 Red bike as the 2011 Orange one, how come he finished 4th behind a nobbled Rossi and Pedrosa? 

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

He might be remeberd by you like that

But that says more about you than it does about him.

Doohan, Fogarty, Roberts snr etc etc were all awkward without there lids on, does that make them dickheads too?

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Jamie

Personally I've left a couple of jobs because of the ridiculous egos of others who weren't as good as they reckoned and it was tough, especially as I enjoyed the jobs but I wasn't prepared to deal with politics and favouritism. Did I quit? Yes. Am I a quitter? No, not as a rule but I do have a low fuckwittery threshold.

What this shows Jamie is that you are easily influenced, maybe a bit of a push over. You should never let other peoples actions or egos influence your life or career especially in this case where you actually enjoyed your job. Mentally weak from a business/managerial point of view bad decision maker. This does show your a quitter and not willing to ride the wave or make a change. Don't see how you can compare your career moves to Stoner. Casey doesn't like his job  any more for countless reasons, he wants to leave fair enough. But to leave a job you like just because of someone else jeeez that's weak!

Let me guess you are on the wrong side of 40, possibly single. i bet you don't own your own business and the reason being  is because you don't have that business mind you prefer to work for someone else as they set the rules and and take the risks. 

Glad im not you!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

P.S

As I've said before, I've had the misfortune to be stood right in front of C.Fogarty on more than one occasion and he carries his " me, me, me" attitude with him everywhere, I cannot however even begin to criticise his achievements and abilities on a motorcycle and nor would I try as his "stats" speak for themselves. 

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Chris

And the circumstances were?

Reply to this Topic
Preadator

Jan 12

Preadator says:

How many Idiots?

Stoner was up to his normal schoolboy antics with this childish outburst, but its great to see so many of you argueing about who said what and why. I can only assume that most of you are retired MotoGP riders or professional motorcycle racers judgeing by the amount of knowledge most of you have about bike mechanics and your indepth knowledge on the subject. Hopefully when Stoner retires he will take away all his juvenile followers with him.... "Stoner is better than Rossi" "Rossi is better than Stoner"... GROW UP AND GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Rossi Is The Kind of Rider Sadly Lacking in MotoGP

Rossi has made himself a legend like him or not, not least for a glittering career but also for his personality - a lot of the blokes racing these bikes seem decent enough, even Stoner, but most of them seem that pre-occupied or that far up their own bum that half the time it's a Glum Contest...Simoncelli, god bless his soul, was a hurricane of fresh air - he made GP fun and made you root for the unsung hero... Stoner is exiting MotoGP as he hasn't got the passion, he's sick of the overall circus and also the politics of it all...yet here he is passing judgement - ok so revenge may be sweet, but he just seems so insincere and comes across like a moaning school kid... On the issue of the Ducati, since Stoner won his first world championship in 2007 the results on the bike (even considering the 'lactose intolerance' episode) have all started to go backwards - the bike clearly didn't have the dominance it once had, even with Stoner fighting it to he end of 2010, so heaven knows what the new 2011 machine handed to Rossi was like... Stoner is a big loss to MotopGP because he's an excellent and brave rider, but the likes of Lorenzo and Pedrosa need some stiff competition and there's only really Rossi (with a few near exceptions) so far proven to be up to it...

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

@jamieg999

Never heard of the phrase 'massaging the numbers' then? You are right in saying numbers themselves don't lie - its people's interpretation of them that does. In purest number terms - Rossi's career has been far more successful than Stoner's has. Does that mean I would come out and state as fact that Rossi is the 'superior rider' of the two? No - it would be just my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Obviously I've heard that phrase

But knowing Aquarius and knowing how he thinks those stats will be the actual numbers. They can't "be massaged" per se. Unlike fragile egos.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle