Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cent

Jan 10

Cent says:

Guys,

i am a Rossi fan and i am Italian, i have to say Casey makes some good points, unfortunately Rossi did make critical remaks about Casey when he was at Ducati and he did suggest he could sort the Desmo out! the fact is he didn't i wish he could of done but a fact is a fact. The thing is, the reason don't matter! when you publicly slag some one about their ability to do this that and the other, you have to prove you were right and Rossi didnt, so i can't slag casey for now coming back at Rossi with Critism its natural, and Rossi his handed him that right! if it had been the other way round i am sure Rossi supporters would be appluading the comments that casey made. So Fellow Rossi fans forget who has critcised and think about the make up of the critism and i am sure many of the sensible fans will hold thier hands up and say point taken.

On a final point i hope Rossi does well next year, however i can't help feeling there will be more pressure on him next year than ever before! why? becuase noe hes got the bike - no excuses

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Why is it

Why is it when i google who is the greatest rider of all time Stoner isn't above Rossi or the others?

Why is it Stoner gets booed at GP's?

Why is it when iv'e been to a British GP there are masses of yellow 46's dotted around flags, t shirts, banners, you just name it, also caps t-shirts for dovi, crutchlow, dani, marquez, etc but then on the pit straight a tiny, dinky auzzy flag... the only one at the circuit?

Why is it Stoner got branded as a moaner? (no smoke without fire) 

Why is it other sports stars around the world appreciate what Rossi has done and some even consider him an inspiration?

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Why is it

Why is it when i found a page on wikipedia (our trusted internet source and also our friend) it considers:
 'Giacomo Agostini is the most successful champion in Grand Prix history'. 
'The most dominant rider of all time was Mike Hailwood'
'Mick Doohan, who won 12 out of 15 (80%) of the 500cc races in the 1997 Grand Prix motorcycle racing season also deserves an honourable mention'
'Valentino Rossi is the most successful contemporary rider, having won 9 titles including 7 Moto GP titles, and 1 each at 500cc, 250cc and 125cc levels'

and then Casey Stoner is just the current champion?

Why is it that there is no honourable mention of his achievements with ducati and also within the 800 era?

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

@RevBenny

About your Mary Spies post, it's great that you put Stoner with Doohan. In fact, everyone knows that she thought of Doohan and Rossi.

She wrote:

Here is my personal opinion. We have fast motorcycle racers. We have good motorcycle racers. We have racers that crash alot but still bring in great results. We have talented riders. (those that ride with a plan and ride fast) we have racers that can build a bike and ride the bike ..to a point. We have racers that can get on the same bike and one can ride it better than the other. We have two in my lifetime of the past 20 years that built their bikes and got championships and in my mind I clearly feel they had fast bikes but were NOT the best or most talented rider. It was simply timing. There was no competition only because they were on the fastest bike not actually the better rider. One is retired and one should be retired. Have a nice day.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Why is it

Why why why why why?

is it because he hasn't managed to charm the majority of the racing community? Yup

Is it because he's not that popular and not many people like him? Yup

Does all this really get under the skin of those orange gimp suit sniffers? Hell yeah!

Bye  Bye Casey 

as Eddy would say after ever post Ciao :smile

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Simple One

You've been attending the Wosi school of statistical spin obviously. Did you enjoy his class 'How to be fast and finish seventh?' Did you get the bonus question of 'how many wins did Rossi log 2011?'.

Sunshine if you want the cover their entire careers you may be on dodgy ground. I do believe Stoner used to win a dozen or so races a day as a youngster whilst racking up state and national dirt track titles?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

And also

Because someone realised that there were enough sheeple attending GP's willing to be told what to spend their cash on to make a tidy sum.

Reply to this Topic
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

Rev Benny Re Mary Spies

You can't be that stupid that you didn't realise she meant Rossi when she referred to "one should be retired", can you? Oh that's right, read your posts, you are that stupid.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

BEFORE ANY FURTHER

COMMENT. Read what CENT SAYS just down a couple of columes. Never a truer word spoken , and i TOO have always been a Rossi fan.

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Stats don't lie!

@Chrisb970

Motorcycle racing is not popularity contest. It's all about results and Stoner is clearly better rider than in every aspect Rossi if we look back from 2006 to now. Stats don't lie!

Crash.net writes:

Stoner - the most successful MotoGP rider since 2006 - will retire at the end of this season, while Ducati is yet to announce Rossi's replacement.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182859/1/stoner_rossi_has_done_nothing_but_complain.html

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices