Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So a Rossi quip like 'Not trying hard enough'

is a comical mind game Janitor Boy, but when Stoner says the same thing of Rossi it's a whinge?

Do you see why you're not taken seriously on here?

'Did your ambition outweighted your talent?' The greatest line ever uttered in the history of GP's. Ha ha little yellow cocksuckers.

Reply to this Topic
ewa3105

Aug 12

ewa3105 says:

lets just see???

simple fact is rossi never got the damn thing going!! he's 33 and wants to end his racing days on a bike he knows he can win on.......if he can beat lorenzo. all this crap from stoner is just what he does he could probably see it coming and jumped first as he knows rossi will be bashing fairings with him next year and he cant take it, dont get me wrong hes a mega bike racer but hes just dull and constantly moaning about others and its damaged his persona from day one. looking forward to some mega battles with rossi, lorenzo, marquez and of course cal.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Feel better?

The bottom line doesn't change. Nothing that Casey Stoner says above is anything less than truthful and that's why everybody (on the yellow side) is hurting. I expect Mr Stoner to stick the boot in again before the season ends and to be fair, why shouldn't he?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Haven't had a chance to catch up with the love part Jamie

There were a couple of monkeys that needing spanking first.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hopefully Casey sticks the boot into Dorna next that would be perfect :)

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I wonder...

If the thought of de-retiring has crossed Stoner's mind and maybe giving Bologna a ring. He could pretty much demand what he likes from them and perhaps they would be extra willing to give him what he wants. He's not likely to need 2 or 3 ground up rebuilds for starters.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Vitriol etc

Rossi haters will slag him off, likewise Casey haters, Casey has a right, if he feels like it, to vent his feelings, however, he should remember that more than once he slagged off Ducati, especially after he quit and blamed them for how they treated him in 2009 when he was poorly, glass houses n all.

However, a couple of stats to remember:

Rossi - 7 500/MOTOGP titles ( plus 2 in the lower divisions )

Casey - 2 MOTOGP titles.

Remember both these riders titles are now in the past, ok currently Casey is 3rd this season and Rossi 6th or 7th but still, the record books in years to come only look at stats and they are Rossi was better than Casey, same as when you look back further @ Ago, he is statistically the best , no matter what his competition was at the time..... sad Casey has quit as i love watching him when he's really on it but i won't miss his outbursts at all, it basically has f*ck all to do with him, he would be better off concentrating on beating his team mate and forget about Rossi and his mistakes and failures these last 2 years.. 

Reply to this Topic
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

Are there any Grown ups here?

You might as well be saying Xbox is better than playstation, Stoner and Rossi are both certainly not shit, and unless they were team-mates you'll never know who was fastest on what bike....

I've often thought that maybe all riders should ride all bikes in the season, names plucked out of a hat which rounds that would be, then you would see the true winning manufacturer and the true rider champion, and not a mediocre rider on a top bike winning, or a top rider on a shit bike losing as may or may not happen now... and no i'm not saying Soner is mediocre and Ducati is shit, i was just making an example.

This would make an exciting season, with many more overtakes, what do you think??

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's always that possibility Jamie

A year at home with a little screamer might drive him stir crazy enough to come back - very much on his own terms. Money not a priority, but Rossi levels of support would be, as well as rules stability and Uncle Carmelo out of the way. Probably won't happen then.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

I dont

know if this is true or not , but it turns out that the majority of staff at Ducati didnt want Rossi to join .

They knew that if Rossi failed to win a championship or even a race , Ducati would get the blame .

In Italys eyes , Rossi can do no wrong .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices