Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

dont know how

this prick can slag slag rossi off for doing nothing on the duke, he is going end his career not winning the championship on the best bike on the grid, that must hurt, best thing that can happen to motogp when he as gone, not world champ lol.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Going back to 2006 and the 990cc bikes:

When Rossi was on the full-fat, pukka Factory Yamaha & hand-made Michelins - Stoner was on a satellite Honda RC211V5 on secondary or tertiary-quality tyres that he hated – causing him to lose the front & crash-out, often –

EVEN INCLUDING THIS SEASON TOO – STONER HAS MORE RACE WINS – 33 – 26.
It gets worse for Rossi too ...

EVEN INCLUDING 2006 (TO COMPARE OVER 6 X YEARS) WHEN THEY RACED AGAINST EACH OTHER (BUT HARDLY COMPARABLY) - CASEY STONER STILL GOT ON THE PODIUM 59 X TIMES TO ROSSI’S 58.

CASEY STONER ONLY GOT 1 X PODIUM IN 2006, WHILE ROSSI WAS UP THERE 10 X TIMES. I THROW THESE FACTS IN JUST FOR THE SAKE OF INTEREST TO INCLUDE & COMPARE CASEY STONER’S “LEARNING YEAR” TO THAT OF AN ESTABLISHED “LEGEND” ON A CUTTING-EDGE FACTORY BIKE & TYRES...

In every category of speed & success that you care to compare – Casey Stoner has the better record – even over the 6 x year period:
“Race Fastest Laps” = Stoner 36 – Rossi 21 - AND looking at “Pole Positions” = Stoner 34 – Rossi 19

Prior to Casey Stoner’s arrival in the Senior Class – Rossi had an average of 8.25 Wins per season. Since Stoner’s arrival – Rossi dropped to 4.33 Wins per season.

SUDDENLY – IT BECOMES CRYSTAL CLEAR JUST WHY CASEY STONER WAS REVILED & MARGINALISED BY ROSSI’S FRUSTRATED & DESPERATE FAN BASE & CERTAIN SECTIONS OF THE BIKE GP MEDIA.

IN REALITY & BY EVERY YARDSTICK - STONER WAS MURDERING HIM!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think you live in an X-box world

Fragpig

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

LET'S CUT THE CRAP & BULLSHIT ...

No-one can ignore or argue the fact that Valentino Rossi is/was & always will be remembered as one of the all-time greats of World GP racing. With his move back to Yamaha for 2012, maybe he can add to his record? Time will tell...
But the statistics (that never lie or can be altered) prove that over the one period in time that they can be directly compared – Casey Stoner has the superior record and thus is the superior rider. That period is the time of the 800cc MotoGP motorcycles – the only time BOTH riders were on factory kit at the same time & direct adversaries - and thereby directly comparable. Anything or time prior to the time-frame between 2007 – 2011 inclusive – 5 x full seasons - is a furphy & a nonsense that compares Apples with some other fruit entirely.

For example: while Rossi was racking-up 7 of his 9 x World Titles between 1997 – 2005, Casey Stoner was aged only 12 years in 1997 & didn’t even start in GP until 2002 when he hadn’t even turned 17! Therefore, trying or confecting ANY comparison prior to 2006 or 2007 is akin to trying to compare Mick Doohan with, say, Kenny Roberts Snr. They simply are not creatures of the same time or circumstances.

To the bare facts & the “statistics”:
In the 5 x years 2007 – 2011 inclusive – Casey Stoner had 4 years with Ducati & 1 with Honda. Rossi had 4 years with Yamaha & 1 with Ducati. Who had the better bike under them for the overwhelming bulk of their time in the 800cc Class? What if Casey Stoner had been on a Honda from Day 1? Makes you think, doesn’t it?

Both won 2 x MotoGP Titles - with Rossi winning 21 x races. But Casey Stoner won 33. Yes – many are vastly surprised to discover that Casey Stoner WON 50% MORE RACES THAN ROSSI IN THE 800cc ERA.

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

Yeah aquarius but but but but but goooo rossi....LOL....they wont like those stats mate,

Reply to this Topic
monstarider

Oct 08

monstarider says:

Stoner - a face you'd love to punch!

I don't know why but Stoner really has a face I'd love to punch. I know he designs his comments to rile people and it works. He's always so negative about everyone. I'm very glad he's leaving MotoGP - maybe we can all start enjoying it again without his constant moaning! Stoner the Moaner go back to Oz mate, chuck your Honda on the barbie and don't come back!!

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

AQUARIUS

I think your missing the point. both riders are brilliant riders. the diference is Rossi has got charisma and Stoner hasnt. So like it or not Rossi will go down in history as on of the all time greats but Stoner will always be remembered for his whinging and not his riding. . Look at Kevin Shultz Only one world title but because the guy had personality every one remembers him as one of the greats     

Reply to this Topic
samuelprn

Aug 12

samuelprn says:

at 33 rossi still wants to race and does everything in his part to keep up with a sport assuming 2 yrs left in this career.. and you hear these critic from a young kid who has the age but doesent like this sport any more. its a shame.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

1/4 drive man

According to Sickboy heroin has personality. Doesn't mean it's healthy to load up on it though. You need a new drug man 'coz the yellow one don't carry any punch anymore. Still got the shakes and the fear I see.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

I know Casey isn’t enjoying the sport anymore and his health has suffered in the past…..but I reckon his bitter and twisted mind is in a bad way too. Sounds like sour grapes to me and a final shot across the boughs before he walks away from the sport he now hates. What is clear is he seems annoyed that VR’s time in the wilderness on the unfixable red donkey are over.

Maybe it’s also a bit of Casey DOH! ner

He can’t think logically or do basic maths anymore……if Nicky and Barbera are finishing races in front of Rossi then they would have more points and finish the season ahead of him in the standings – that has never happened yet and don’t think it will this season either.
His memory is gone too……..while at Ducati he moaned like crazy about the bike, what was wrong with it and what was needed to put it right, which they never managed to do for him. He was angry about how the ‘rumours’ of his marriage that he suspected started from within the team and he was really upset about the way he was treated by them when he was ill for a while. He left ‘cos they treat him badly and he felt he deserved better (which he did) and now they are all a wonderful bunch.

Will Vale return to win races? Probably.

Will Vale win anymore championships? Possibly. I’d be happy to bet on at least top3 each year at end of season. He’s a fit 33 year old guy who hasn’t had too many bad injuries. No doubt the wilderness years will have knocked his confidence and the loss of Marco are all factors to consider.

Would Casey offer to go to Ducati to race? Can’t see it. If he comes back he’d want to go to a 3rd manufacturer, to try and podium on 3 different bikes like Rossi has.

Should he offer his services to test the Ducati? No point at all, it wouldn’t really help the bike’s development. We all know he’s fast on anything, but it would not solve the Duke’s problems. We’d be back to square one. The bike would lap quick with him on it, Ducati would think it was sorted but then no one else on the planet could get near his times…so every other rider would get the blame for not been as good as Casey. Same old same old.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices