Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

I have staed before on MCN and twitter that Stoner is 100% right Rossi will only be back to winning ways when he has the best bike team equipment etc

he has failed to put the Ducati where i belongs at the top

he is to old to fully commit and push the bike beyond its limit which is required on the Ducati

Rossi and Burgess should make a public statement and appologise to Stoner for the bullshit and failure at Ducati

Casey will be missed !!! Ducati get him back at all cost break the bank !!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh come on Wosi

That's sanctimonious bollocks. We get fantastic sound bites from Stoner all the time. As stated previously I am sure he performs his PR duties with good grace, as they all do. What more do you expect from the man?

So he doesn't do a song and dance routine like Rossi. Lorenzo did and got slated. Bottom line is you and your ilk like to demonise Stoner for no other reason than he had the temerity to beat Rossi - handsomely, over and over again.

Where's this big fat sponsors cheque book Rossi is supposedly (but not according to the man himself who's reply was 'bullshit') bringing to Yamaha?

Reply to this Topic
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

I also want to add people i.e. the press etc call Casey Stoner the moaner

prehaps Rossi should now be call Ross ithe maoner that after all his slagging off he has done re the bike team equipment  etc

because Stoner was right The bike is unrideable unless you want to push beyond the bikes and your limits

which clearly Rossi wont or cant and moving to be the 2nd rider in the team and take less money proves his desire to move away from the bike he cant ride to sucess and Burgess cant improve

Talk is cheap

Reply to this Topic
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

I also want to add people i.e. the press etc call Casey Stoner the moaner

prehaps Rossi should now be call Ross ithe maoner that after all his slagging off he has done re the bike team equipment  etc

because Stoner was right The bike is unrideable unless you want to push beyond the bikes and your limits

which clearly Rossi wont or cant and moving to be the 2nd rider in the team and take less money proves his desire to move away from the bike he cant ride to sucess and Burgess cant improve

Talk is cheap

Reply to this Topic
timzx12r

May 04

timzx12r says:

Truth hurts , Rossi WAS great but no more, with only 8 bikes with a remote chance of a podium finish & to only get 2 podiums................

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You call it fantastic sound bites, I say it can be misleading contradictory bullshit.

He didn't beat him handsomely at Laguna did he?..or in the next two races in 2008. He didn't beat him in 3 out of 5 800 seasons while spitting gravel, the dummy and invective did he and he certainly hasn't outflanked Rossi in the all important to sponsors, popularity stakes?

Shame..still what does it matter eh?

Time waits for no man, there is always a changing of the guard..but Rossi ain't finished yet - as you've so confidently predicted once again jepordising your credibility as a serious customer - whereas Casey is.

Entertainment is the bottom line my caustic little friend..fk all wrong with a good old warble and knees-up.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Stoner Moaner

That's why Stoner was completely dominant on the Duke while he was there- NOT. If he felt that sorry for Ducati, why isn't he still there? Answer; because it is shite and a career ender. Rossi should not have thought it was easy to ride though and he is eating humble pie because of it now.  However, we as spectators do not know all the facts about the Rossi dream team politics or what has gone on behind clased doors in the garage. Maybe Ducati were unwilling to make anymore improvements to the bike? i.e. engine config, positioning. Who knows?

What will be good though is Rossi battling up front again. It makes good viewing.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

As I’ve said many times on here down the years, it’s certain dull, unimaginative and lazy journalists at MCN who are content to fabricate articles. Maybe the article was done to stir up the Stoner/Rossi brigade which it certainly did. MCN look more like a tabloid rag across the world instead of a decent bike publication (which it used to be).

Have they never heard the sayings about ‘eggs in one basket’ or ‘not to bite the hand that feeds you’. Some of them (M Birt in this case) are absolute pillocks and MCN should replace them. As this seems to happen more and more – their reputation is now becoming a joke and they lose more credibility each time. Own goal I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

MCN should be ashamed

Stoner has denied being interviewed by MCN recently.  It seems your lazy journalists have taken comments he made over the last year and a half and edited them to make it seem like he has given an exclusive interview to you recently 'slamming' Rossi's return to Yamaha when this clearly isn't true.

Sad to see a great paper being dragged into the mud that is sensationalised gutter journalism.  Sack the people concerned.

What Stoner was actually saying was that Burgess and Rossi thought they could fix the flawed Ducati in 80 secs and are now eating humble pie cos they can't.  He also knows Rossi isn't prepared to push over the limit every week risking a serious crash on evry corner which could kill himself or another rider and, if he managed to stay on it for the whole race, still finish 6th or 7th.  Rossi would agree with both comments.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

SAD THINGS ABOUT STONER

Are he's not a public relationship rider, he's not a sweet word rider instead tell only whatever true happen, he's not even own a website truly write by him, he's just a pure rider that only care about race and win it. Unlike rossi that has all public schemeing skill and told lies to people to make them soooo happy.his skill not exceed stoner and lorenzo. He only a LUCKY entertainment ASS LOVER rider. Look all his competitor. Before stoner and lorenzo, did his opponent worthy enough to challenge the title? Almost NONE. Even hayden so lucky to got 2006 WC. This the sad thing about stoner. And he cann't attract people like rossi. But he's not wrong. It's just his personal attitude. Too much serious about race since he was kid. Cause why? Cause he fight for living while rossi got every the best thing since his career. Still, like aquarius said, lots of rider ready to give their left nut only to achieve what stoner got right now. And lots of it cann't be broken forever. Read motogp.com. I'll miss him. But I ready to watch another showdown between rossi and lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices