Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Fair one

The mind over matter stuff works well in competition, just look at how U Bolt acts before the start of the 100m! From what Stoner has said in this article is far less troublesome and shows no vindictiveness at all. In fact, it is a pretty fair set of comments he has made. However, go back 11 years, or even to the Sete or Marco M times and some of the things Rossi said were quite bad about them guys. So I don't see what all the fuss is about with this thread? 2 years ago, JB and Vale stated to the media that Stoner wasn't trying on the Ducati. All Stoner is doing now is throwing it back in his face.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

All is fair in love and war pal..Stoner is entitled to say what he wants.

He has said today, much of what has been reported was done so out of context.

In other words he said what he said, but Birt has stiched it together over a period of two years and stiched us all up at the same time.

I'm not complaining mind, it's all a bit of banter adding spice to proceedings.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Your'e a clever fella and not backward in coming forward. If you were Casey i'd fully expect you to take his stance on this particular topic. On 'this' occassion he's earnt his rant. 

Re-JT...........I make you right bud. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

If I were Casey PC, I woudn't have picked a fight I knew I couldn't win and would have smiled serenely and let my riding do the talking..but that ain't Casey is it?

I have empathy as opposed to sympathy. Has anyone sat him down and tried to explain what's going on and to try and take himself with a pinch of salt? His Dad being the obvious candidate..perhaps he's too wrapped up in the emotion to give impartial advice?

Saying this..he has shown flashes of genius with the obvious ambition & talent comment and my personal favourite..when Rossi was following him, trying for a tow, QP I think last year, can't remember where..and the cheeky twat turned around and tapped his seat hump inviting Rossi to have a croggy..haha.

Whatever..it sure gives us a bit of entertainment. I'll miss the little fcker for that. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Croggy?!

Ha ha ha! Haven't heard that in years!

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

Rossi can only win with the best bike eerrrr! Hello Mister Stoner you have the best bike on the grid! and Lorenzo is still leading the Championship Kicking your Butt!! Get Rossi back on the Yam! least we will see a decent Fight up front for once!!! Little Prick!!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Stoner lad, you've got about as much personality as a barn door, how many world championships have you won ????? exactly, Rossi doesn't need to prove shit, he simply wants to enjoy his racing, why should he run round mid pack? he's served his time and proved himself, he's riding for a factory and as such expects the very best bike, Ducati have been unable to give him such a bike.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Stoner, Ewan Mcgregor is an acting poof

Would love to see this headline Matt Birt lets make it happen.

Reply to this Topic
FlatBlack

Aug 12

FlatBlack says:

Has-Been

Rossi couldn't be a serious competitor for another MotoGP championship if he were riding a TARDIS. However, he is useful for bringing in sponsors/money as many of his fans won't accept that his glory is in the past. Therefor, it was wise of Yamaha to allow him to come crawling back to be Lorenzo's water boy.

Reply to this Topic
megaRa24

Aug 12

megaRa24 says:

only LEGENDS are allowed to criticize legends - so, shut up Stacey Moaner...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices