Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Stoner not a racer?

His win or bin it style has been the piss taking delight to many on here, many times over. Enough said!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

acanada

At least rossi is a true racer unlike stoner who is your typical aussie farmer.

If Vale was a 'true MAN' he'd stick to his word and turn the Duke into a winner. Casey and his family travelled halfway around this planet because he was a true racer.

'bigbash'..........here here bud.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

acanada reverse that more like Stoner is the true racer not the quitter named Rossi muppet.

I think as many have repeated the main stat Stoner 23-0 Rossi and to rub more salt in the wounds 2 podiums in 27 races.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Respect..

should be earned in terms of sporting rivalry and is not the same as shaking hands..even slapping a competitor on the back while cussing under your breath when you've lost. That's being polite and sportsmanlike in defeat.

Respect runs deeper and is generally built up over a period of time, perhaps many battles. It is not something you give away because you want to be seen as a nice guy. Why give your rival an edge?

If I remember right, Stoner got the hump back late 2007 when Rossi described him as the first of the playstation riders who used sophisticated electronics to go really fast. They put blind faith in the systems to pin the throttle way before an apex, something old school riders found difficult to do after a lifetimes experience and pain had taught them different. Their brains just could not re-adjust.

Rossi was talking generally at the time, about the reliance on electronics technology and how their increasing involvement was taking away rider skill  and giving it to the computer, using Casey as an example. Nothing dis-respectful, just making a point talking about racing. Stoner took it the wrong way and started to spit the dummy..which really went flying about six months later at Laguna and was perpetuated by the next two races in which he crashed out of the lead with a stalking Rossi in second, who consequently went on to win and wrap up the title.

Biaggi always disliked Rossi and tried to elbow him into the barriers at 150mph. He got a slap for that.

Gibernau was a softcock who made a mountain out of a molehill at Jerez and who went to race control telling tales.

Lorenzo..well he was just Lorenzo and an insufferable, cocky little prick who tried to mimic Rossi. He also went crying to Yamaha after asking for a fight he lost.

The point is..these guys are putting their lives on the line, they want the same thing..but only one of them can have it. What do you expect? It's not fckin tiddlywinks is it?

Stop whining, enjoy it before some politician bans it on safety grounds and grow a set ffs. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What was the point of all that Wosi?

They call him Mellow Yellow.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Wosi, some of your comment makes sense....

For instance, the last two paragraphs. All the crap written above this, is bollocks. You can not justify Vale's previous actions and form by palming it off as everyone else fault and they deserved that kind of treatment?! My point is, anyone who has been a threat in any form to Rossi's form and progress, has seen the side of him that we, the viewers haven't. I doubt very much that is closest rivals have seen the grins, cheeky smiles and mess about antics!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nostro..

Clue is in the title pal.

bishbash..can you be more specific about what is bollocks or is it the whole lot? and If so why?

I've got plenty of time tonight.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Good post................for another day.

This thread is about some cocky fucker being made to eat his words yet you choose to 'diss' Stoner for doing what the majority would do given the chance. How is John Terry these days bud?

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Righto!!

I'll let you off the first two paragraphs as well as the last two, so that's four out of the nine which were bang on. All the backing up of Vale in the middle of your comment was putting the blame of Rossi's previous naughty behaviour onto his rivals! I am sure they were by no means innocent and maybe in some way either winded him up or did something to deserve him falling out with them, but as every main rival has seen and felt the bitter side to Rossi, the finger of blame is at Rossi as being the bad lad of the play ground and if I was a teacher in this 'school' of speed (!), he'd be the one who was singled out as being the trouble maker.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I'm not trying to justify Rossi's conduct, it's just the way it is..and always has been in sport.

I accept it as part of the rivalry and for me, especially in individual competition, a psychological edge can be the difference between winning and losing.

John Terry is just another bloke without his team mates PC. Racism is not the same as winding someone up and taking the piss with a smile on your face. He's over the hill and coming to the end of a decent career but has a rather large stain developing on his copybook IMO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle