Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner slams Valentino Rossi’s Yamaha return

Casey Stoner has criticised Valentino Rossi’s swift return to Yamaha after the Italian legend recently confirmed he will quit Ducati after a disastrous two-year stint with the Bologna factory. The 33-year-old has been a shock failure to perform on board a factory Desmosedici and will return to Yamaha next season to partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo. When Rossi arrived at Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 09:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Has the Prime Minister of Syria just defected?

Or has he just been on the Strongbow truth serum again?

Wosi after your rather odd initial 'Respect' piece in which you suggest it's O.K for Rossi, but not for others to play by his rules, I do believe you had one of those rare lucid moments you're capable of.

What are the Oompa Loompa's to do now without their Sun God's nr.1 moon? You're leaving a vacuum in the 46'er universe with little more than space detritus like Hardlylean, Parris, CCB, Saturn, Buelli and SM floundering around within.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So what you're really saying then Craig

is you're actually insufferably annoying. Given your opening post I can see how that can be.

Reply to this Topic
halffast

Dec 09

halffast says:

Casey Having Hot Flashes

Must be that time of the month for Casey. Beware of flying purses.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Someone's

Telling porkie piess! CS or Birty... You decide

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Crying shame..boo-hoo.

The respect post was 'odd' was it Nostro?..fair enough pal but as a response to BBB it was in context, unlike Birt on Stoner above.

The comment was my take on where Stoners problems started..him feeling that he was not shown enough respect winning in 2007.

It underpins everything that he's said or done since and is the cornerstone for fans such as yourself and Aquarius who think your crusade against the yellow is justified because of it..even when it's pointed out the context you have taken it in is pretty much baseless in general, coming from Rossi/Burgess.

To be fair..many #46ers have run with it and perpetuated the wind up, which seems to roll and make Casey spout even more flummoxing, contradictory bollocks than before, which the #27ers go into meltdown trying to defend. haha..it's funny as fcuk.

The problem for you me owd mate..is it has affected Stoner to the degree he's quitting. Ah well..If you can't hack it, pack it.

It is sad he won't be racing next year but, I don't have much sympathy as he could have diffused the situation any time he liked. This is why I say he picked a fight he had no chance of winning..given Rossi's popularity.

His racing ability when he's on song is a force of nature, this is not in question. It's the way he handles himself and the spotlight and how that has been detrimental to the above that is.   

Also..a few lucid pills washed down with a cup of comprehension wouldn't go amiss your end by the sound either..

I fail to see the double standards you mention and as I've said before, please don't confuse a certain empathy with Stoner as wosi burning his frilly yellow underwear. You should know better than to suggest that by now.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

my friend the soothsayer - Mellow Yellow is cool - Rancid Red and Orange isn't.

Say one thing though you are an up-front and honest S.O.B. at least you have a visible profile - not like the majority of S.O.B's. on here who don't have one or have hidden it.      What's that all about ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's more like it Wosi

Sobered up I see.

If this thread is to be taken as any sort of guide to the all so important to you popularity stakes, then a tie would have to be called.

Yeah, Stoner's a bit uptight and perhaps in the past has felt he hasn't had the respect he deserved for his achievements. That's been well and truly put to bed in the realms of serious media commentary - particularly in light of the abysmal failure of Rossi on the Duke. Media / populace respect remains but a very small component of the multitude of reasons (rightly or wrongly it doesn't matter - they're his reasons and who is anyone else to second guess them)  he's walking away.

P.S I had to look up 'croggy' ha, ha - nice.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Taken out of context but its all true.

Anyway what got said.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

x-factor..

I agree that the poularity stakes shouldn't matter as much as they do. The world we live in today, packed with d list celebritys on cheap to make reality TV shows seems to say different though. It's big business and money is tight.

The olympics has been a breath of fresh air. Sport is real life drama that exposes the full gamut of emotion and MotoGP is no different to the hardcore. For me, herein lies Caseys connundrum..

He says he doesn't care about anything but winning, when it's clear he does. He's told us the reasons why he's retiring at just 26 and it supposedly has little to do with his new status as a Dad. It's Dorna, Rossi, Ducati, Marlboro, politics, the paddock etc. etc.

You cannot turn back time. This is the way it is nowadays and is the reason Honda can offer him 10 million for half a years work. In return you have to give something back and those that say he is just paid to ride the bike and long to watch racing from a grassy bank, flat cap and trench-coated up, whippet in tow..are fkin dinosaurs.

You simply can't have it both ways and while I respect his decision, I think ultimately he's not being honest with himself..as a second guess that is.

I just hope he is wise enough to control his feelings, button his lip and not burn the bridges that have given him the choice to be able to retire at his age. 

In reality, although he's earned it, Casey Stoner is a very lucky young man indeed..he should remember that a bit more often. 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Are you being serious nostro?

A tie?

None so blind....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy