Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Horex VR6 onboard New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Horex VR6 onboard

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Horex VR6 onboard

Video shot by German magazine Motorrad has revealed the distinctive sound of the new Horex VR6 Roadster. The VR6 makes 161bhp and produces 100ftlb of torque, delivered at low rpm - 66ftlb of torque is delivered at 2000rpm, while 3500rpm delivers 74ftlb of torque. MCN rode the all-new 1218cc V6-engined roadster recently and said: "The 160bhp VR6 engine responds instantly to every twitch...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 10:11)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Shaun25

Mar 12

Shaun25 says:

Love the look of it, but it sounds abit naff.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

160bhp on a sit-up-and-beg bike does'nt really work. Whats it going to handle like near the limit, and if you are not planning on taking it to the limit, you don't need 160bhp on a bike like this. I think you would be better off with a 1250 Bandit and save a lot of money, unless you want to pose at your local bike meet. And what does it cost to service? Should have been shaft drive.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

looking at certain areas.....

But without seeing it in the flesh. I reckon all the money went into the engine design. Is there a Price yet?

Reply to this Topic
gjw1992

Dec 05

gjw1992 says:

Well I just love it

Maybe it's my age - I had a cb900 from new, and had an xjr1300sp for that late 70s/early 80s image. But this thing looks and sounds wonderful. If the tank capacity allows at least a 150 mi comfy range, then I'll add it to my (dream!) list. I can see myself trying to relive the weekend dash to the bol d'or - Paul Ricard - of the past.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Sounds just like...

a 3 cylinder Triumph!!

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

humour

Its a german hesketh viability wise,proof the germans have a sense of humour.doomed to go bust.

Reply to this Topic
rudemugs

Mar 10

rudemugs says:

Nice but irrelevent

Oddly I was thinking Hesketh too as I watched the video. Rich mans plaything to sit alongside a few other toys in the select few garages, so probably largely irrelevant but the biking world is enriched by such oddities. Would be a good one in Top Trumps I'm sure!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices