Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's the greatest Triumph ever made? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's the greatest Triumph ever made?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's the greatest Triumph ever made?

It's Triumphs 110th anniversary this week. Arguably, the Triumph range of motorcycles has been one of the most influential and important in the history of motorcycling, but which model is the greatest ever? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 10:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hmmm

The original Triumph company went bust many years ago because of lacklustre and slightly unreliable bikes. Nowadays most people will only know about the new company under John Bloors control. I would suggest that more of these newer bikes that have returned Triumph back to be a main contender should be included in the list.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

These ones - stunning!!!

http://www.triumph.com/uk/en/index.html

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

shuggie1

YES!

The motorcycle company is no match for well advertised , scantily clad women :)

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

Triumph

Daytona 675 cause i got one haha. Some of the modern bikes should be in this list seen as the newer range have brought Triumph from a relatively small company into a global brand selling thousands of bikes a year.

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Modern bikes?

I may get some abuse for saying this but what about the Street Triple? Pretty much 5 solid years in MCN's top 5 rated by the users and virtually created a class of it's own! I can appreciate the beauty and importance of the classics and the effect they've had on the industry as a whole, however. I'm not saying it should win, my vote fell elsewhere anyway, but I reckon the street should have been given a shot.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

None of the above

T100R 500 Daytona,simples :-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

TR7 V8. Tony Pond took one to rally success. Although The TR6 was a preferred sports car of the real Triumph heritage, I always liked the TR4A.

Anyway, in bike terms the Bonnie ( whether new or old) it's a classic. The Speed Triple 1050 must surely go down as one of the best in terms of cult status? The Daytona 675 did reset the rule books though for middleweight sports bikes. Nope, it's the Bonnie - surely?

Reply to this Topic
krustchoff

Feb 11

krustchoff says:

very personal thing to some as the best triumph for me is the t160 trident as it holds lots of good memories for  me, but mechanicaly/ride is it the best ? 

Reply to this Topic
harataiki

Jul 12

harataiki says:

None of the above

it must be the Trident T150v Home market styling!

Reply to this Topic
Oscus

Aug 12

Oscus says:

Context

The 95 ST is probably (arguably) the best bike out of the bunch, today. But did it move motorcycling on, at the time of it's release, the same way as some of the Bonnies or the X75 did in their time?
My point, who would've ever bought a modern Triumph over an Italian or Japanese badge, without the pedigree of the Bonnie before it?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices