Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's the greatest Triumph ever made? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's the greatest Triumph ever made?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's the greatest Triumph ever made?

It's Triumphs 110th anniversary this week. Arguably, the Triumph range of motorcycles has been one of the most influential and important in the history of motorcycling, but which model is the greatest ever? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 10:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

best triumph?

The front loader Double D, with peep holes and under wired for extra support! otherwise known as the T,T.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

best Triumph ever

Couldnt find the Herald on the list!!!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Stag!

(Sorry)

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Same old story ! - Old timers [like me] are always going to say the early Triumphs are the best and the younger set will always quote the more fancy ,oiltight & maybe ?, more reliable modern models . Our family have owned lots of Triumphs from the sprunghub stuff to the current Bonneville . When Meridan went to the wall the company were ignoring the reliability of some models just to modernise their  looks , the same goes for the B.S.A. variants . We always found the old pre-unit stuff , very bullet -proof  ,but  the late 60s unit 650 Bonnie was well built & fast - the road teat on the 69 Bonnie in Motorcycle Mechanics was full of praise & the test bike hit  118 m.p.h. . Then they went and made the oil in frame model , ugly & full of niggly faults . My older brother , who was a real "thrasher" of bikes owned a 61 Thunderbird for some years from new , it was never completly stripped & was 100 % reliable . The same went for my first "big" solo bike a 1958 Speedtwin , wish I still owned it now ! .

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Best Triumph....

... Was it the TR7 ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN