Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale?

There's no denying most bikes sounds fairly poor with their restrictive standard exhaust systems and aftermarket exhausts help make them sound much better. But are some exhausts too loud, and should the be banned from sale? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 10:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

They're banned from street use...... Why would you ban them for people who do track days too? Makes no sense.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

So would the powers that be ban after market car exhaust systems?? Probably not. Sure silly loud is not good but at low revs etc most pipes are fine and offer slight bhp increase and a massive weight savings, whats not to like.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

No

They are marked not for street use, so no issues. If you put one on your street bike surely you know what you're doing, been enough stories about it on here and elsewhere.

Plus a bit harsh on people who want to race on tracks not being able to buy new exhausts when they wouldn't want OEM fitted anyhow

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Grumpyoldtechie

Aug 11

slow news week?

What a stupid question.  It's illegal to stab people. Let's ban knives!

It's illegal to use certain types of exhaust systems on public roads. Encourage enforcement of the law, not propose idiotic bans.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

This is the thin end of..........

.................a VERY long wedge.

If the PC do-gooding bastards get away with this they'll be no stopping them.

And I'll end with my usual comment.

If you voted Lib/Lab/Con at the last election DON'T MOAN HERE.

You voted the twats in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you live with it. 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Race cans

What possible case is there for banning their sale?  That's stupid! 

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

You shouldn't have to ban them but you try finding a track where you can use one?? with lots of tracks having 102db or 98db limites (Mallory recently had a 95db) limit there are no where to use our noisey pipes but on the road.

If you don't pass you don't play on the track, at least on the road you can ride around till the next MOT.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nah

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

if people were to notice bikes then id sayit would be ok to get id of them, or maybe when you do your car test it had the slightest to do with any other vehicle other than solely cars it may be acceptable, but until that times, i need a loud can to make me feel safe so morons dont drive into me, iv had quiet bikes before and there is a huge difference in danger

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

Ban the sale!

Then I can sell my Termi's down the line for excessive prices on the black race exhaust market! :P

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices