Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale?

There's no denying most bikes sounds fairly poor with their restrictive standard exhaust systems and aftermarket exhausts help make them sound much better. But are some exhausts too loud, and should the be banned from sale? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 10:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Aye

you never know what's gonna happen that's for sure,lol.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

The loudest bikes I see and hear at my local bike meets are Harleys which the owners seem to delight in trying to shatter shop windows when leaving. But if any bike gets stopped for a check, I'll bet its a sports bike. I had the Triumph accessory silencer on my last bike, a Sprint ST 1050, for 2 years and despite it having 'not for road use etc' stamped on it, no-one noticed. And with the Triumph race download, it was worth it. IMO, an aftermarket exhaust will only get you stopped if its excessively loud or you have some other reason for being stopped, like a small number plate, or, on the rare occasion you see one, a policeman stops you for speeding. Don't forget, speed cameras don't know if you have a noisy pipe!

Reply to this Topic
joshcherry93

Jan 11

joshcherry93 says:

why?

Why would you want to ??! we've lost so much motorcycle sector industry of late why would you destroy more companies that bring both revenue and joy to this country!

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Ban Straight Pipes on Harley's Only

Motorcycling's biggest idiots and our own worst enemy are the neanderthal Harley Davidson riders who put straight pipes on their bikes. These world record holders for lowest IQ are ruining this great sport for all of us. They ride their slow, heavy and antiquated bikes only a few feet a year yet make sure their extremely, obnoxiously loud pipes make up for the lack of skill and true two-wheel passion.

BAN ALL STRAIGHT PIPES ON HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES NOW! AND SAVE THE FUTURE OF MOTORCYCLING.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ SHIVA

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Just a note of caution

Plod seems to be on a crusade right now to hand out Section 59s left, right and centre, loud pipes being a favourite excuse.  Even Plastic Plod can seize your bike on this basis.  There's no charge, no caution, no PACE, no judicial process, they just take your bike and then 9/10ths of the law is on their side.

If you're going to Power Ranger it up, do yourself a favour and read:

Police Reform Act 2002 Section 59 (and Schedule IV Part 1 section 9).

Road Traffic Act 1988 Sections 3, 67 (6) and Schedule 2.

Or not, it's your bike that'll get seized, not mine.

Reply to this Topic
wwdph02

Aug 02

wwdph02 says:

Loud & Blue

Completely agree - Hardley Driveable's with straight pipes and their clones - Idiots with blue lights at the front ( Torquay to Exeter - wears Ace Cafe jacket) and then we moan about plod.  Not For Road Use - clue is in the name - take them straight off the road - like Germany - not a warning, either you get a van to collect it or they take it away. It's no good moaning about car/van/lorry drivers imperfect skills not following rules of the road and then we pick and choose what illegal stuff to use.

What's he going to say when the car in front slams on the brakes, pulls over, does anything stupid because a police blue light caught his eye ? Accident not his fault? Moan about car drivers I guess. Also annoys me when in car on on bike when I pull over for police, as others do, for a blue R1 with blue lights. Pi**es me off and probably others when it's not plod. ( let me guess the replies - "it gets me through traffic" and its only slightly illegal - "police should be looking for criminals?" ) 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yamahayzr500

Jul 04

yamahayzr500 says:

Loud pipes saves lives

Loud pipes saves lives

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

agree with shiva.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

"Loud pipes save lives"?

If you point them forwards, maybe.  Loud pipes pointing backwards just aggravate people that you've already passed.  Don't worry, they'll take it out on the next bike that comes along.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices