Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should race exhausts be banned from sale?

There's no denying most bikes sounds fairly poor with their restrictive standard exhaust systems and aftermarket exhausts help make them sound much better. But are some exhausts too loud, and should the be banned from sale? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 10:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Biter

"People just need to ride with greater consideration for others"  - I don't ride a bike to 'consider others'  I can do that in my car.

Reply to this Topic
Biter

May 12

Biter says:

ChimneyPortions

Are you serious or just having a troll?

Riding without consideration for other damages biking as a whole and effects whole communities. It is no fun owning a sports bike in a village where everyone hates them because of the reasons I describe.

All of a sudden you can't start your bike in the morning for work due to complaints about the noise to the council. You even start to feel embarrased as you witness the knobbish behaviour and do not want to be associated with it.

Riding in an anti social manner makes you no better than a drunk teenager shouting at the moon at 1am or a gypsy parking his van in someones garden.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

loud bikes save lives

For filtering through traffic on my commute I can say with 100% certainty that having a loud pipe makes car drivers a LOT more aware of your presence. You can see people looking in their rear-view mirror as you approach the back of their car. Hardly ever happens when I've got my mot exhaust on.
I always try and keep the revs down in built up areas, although in a town blipping the throttle can help with troublesome pedestrians & cyclists.
Plus bikes and cars sound so much better with after-market exhausts.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices