Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: How do I learn to wheelie? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: How do I learn to wheelie?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: How do I learn to wheelie?

I've been motorcycling for years and I'm in my forties. I've always wanted to wheelie a bike and have tried a few times but my efforts usually result in lots of revs and not a lot of height. Is there a trick I'm missing? Some golden rules I don't know about? Or perhaps I should go to a wheelie school? Your...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 August 2012 11:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
linf1200

Aug 02

linf1200 says:

how to wheelie

Sorry to be a party-pooper but if you can't wheelie by now I'm afraid you're never going to be able to(not with any real skill, style or flair or without getting into real trouble/pain).You've only got to look at the kids nowadays who can mono wheel on push-irons like you used to dream of being able to do on your Raleigh grifter 30 years ago.Then look at the 16 year old scooter brats who always steal the show outside the chippy etc.Believe me i sympathise with you 'cos i tried in vain myself over the years.Yes i hang my head in shame cos i owned all sorts of 'wheelie-king' bikes (ypvs350-bandit etc) I could always get it up (fnar fnar) but it was keeping it there that was the problem.I think balance is something you either have or have not,I'm the latter! I still pulled my wheelies whenever i could but then 'normal' wheelies just wouldn't cut it.Unless you could float it without pumping like a deranged motocross loon or stood up aka Troy Corser etc. it just looked shit in comparison.But hey give it a go at a wheelie school or something but best if you avoid doing it on the roads for now.

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Admiration & Despair

I admire people who can pull wheelies - I can't but in someways am glad - we have rallies and polite campaigns to stop the erosion of bikers rights and then a muppet screams through a neighborhood on the back wheel scaring he f@&k out of families and small kids - may as well draw a cock on their jacket and write 'tit' on their helmet - save it for the quiter faster roads otherwise the beaurocrats will take your toys off you !!!

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

pandapop

At 1st reading i was thinking are you joking then i got to the end and laughed my head off then the answered my own question. Yes, funny as hell :)

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Words of wisdom

Watching a decent rider stick his bike on the back wheel and bugger off through the gearbox is still the coolest thing it’s possible to do on a bike. You can do the same. On a quiet road you dial in some revs and do the spazziest-looking fork extension ever. Once perfected, you take to the highways to show off your new skill. You must be good because people stop, point and cheer while you hammer it up the road with your engine screaming, clutch smoking and your front wheel half an inch from the tarmac. The next step is to display your talents outside your local pub. Hand your friend a camcorder and head off to warm up. Two days later the video of you flipping your Bandit in front of a crowd of cheering piss-heads has had 2,000 hits. Where did it all go so wrong?

Find a school ;-)

Reply to this Topic
morpheusking

Oct 11

morpheusking says:

wheelie school

go to wheelie school and learn how in a safe enviroment + not on your bike so if you drop it it doesnt matter :D

theres a wheelie school in bovingdon, hemel hempstead but its worth a google to see if theres one near you

Reply to this Topic
BillyBankrupt

Dec 10

Easy...

I did it when I had an issue/electrical fault with my bike. I took it in to get fixed and received a courtesy bike. On way home thought "Hang on a minute....." and those evil voices in my head started :) Everybody knows the fastest bikes are courtesy bikes lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices