You are in... Forums > General > General > Passed Mod 2 In High Drama

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

Passed Mod 2 In High Drama

Finally I convinced DSA that I can ride without L Plate. It was my fourth time but what was interesting was the circumstance in which i passed. 

So, on the night before the Test Day I went to the Test Area to get the feel of things. On my way back it rained crazy for few minutes. On a set of trafic lights, a bus stopped just adjacent to move. The bus drived popped his head out to say " Mate your lights are out". I pushed my high Beam button... nothing..." 
I though oh well might be some fuse or something. 
When I reached hoem I realised none of the lights were working, high, low, backlight plus horn was down as well.
In the morning checked the fuses everything seemed fine. Called the garage guy and he said I can bring the bike over. Got lost in the way and it was about 08:50, my Test was at 11:00. The guy checked fuses and bulbs and he said everything seemed to be fine. It has to be some fault in the wiring and he said it would take time and wont finish before the Test Time since he had to deliver a bike at 1000. 
At that point I started panicking. My TomTom was on all this time and I realised my Iphone Battery was already under 20%.... Some how managed to get out of there and straight to the test Center. Spoke with some of the driving instructors and they said there was no way the examiner would let me go for the test on a bike without lights. Various thoughts came to my mind.. shoudl i try to hire a bike.. or may be borrow from someone.. who was gonna check teh insurance any way... But my shyness and due to the fact that I was fasting and didn't want to do anything dishonest, I didnt do anything. 

Now after checking my documents the examiner inspected my bike.. I was dead nervous. 

First question: Tell me how you would check engine oil?

Second question:  Show me how you would change lights from Low beam to High Beam? I dont know I felt some sense of confidence and I started saying that I will turn on the ignition key(and i did it) and I will press the headlight highbeam button(I did it in a flash)..

To my great surprise it went exactly as i had intended. That guy paid no attention to the fact that there was no light on my bike. 

Thank God, I enjoyed my ride and Passed.. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 15:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

like this

Reply to this Topic
33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

brake lights and indicators were ok.. surely no one can miss faulty indicators

surely no one can miss faulty indicators 

Reply to this Topic