Skip to content

Discuss This George Brough's SS80 goes to auction General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > George Brough's SS80 goes to auction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

George Brough's SS80 goes to auction

Brough Superior founder George Brough's own race bike is to be sold at auction. The 1922 Brough Superior SS80, which was affectionately known as Spit and Polish, was raced by Brough and set an unnoficial 100mph lap at the Brooklands circuit. After a crash at Brooklands, Brough rebuilt the bike with a JAP engine and new front forks and renamed it Old Bill....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 August 2012 16:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Brough's name fetches top $$

Brough's (bruff) name fetches top dollars at auctions these days. All thanks to the famed Colonel TE Lawrence, immotralized by David Lean in his 1962 epic "Lawrence of Arabia."

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@shiva

Thanks for that, just to let you know this is a "Motorcyclists" website.  Stories of the most famous bikes / bikers are what we read to our kids!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

shiva...

T.E.Lawrence did in fact have a passion for Motorcycles and in particular the Brough Superior. Unfortunately he died whilst riding one (then known as T.E.Shaw) As a result of injuries sustained, safety head gear was developed which has been a very good thing for Bikers, I'm sure you would agree Toadhancocks.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

toadhancocks

Yours is the silliest post I have yet to read on these comments. My post is informative, relative and highlights the message in the news article. That's what comments are for.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Interesting

Well I think this is interesting and I don't have a beard or smoke a pipe.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Snev

Lawrence of Arabia also rode a camel, talking of camels, hows ya gran.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle