Skip to content

Discuss This At least you’ll crash within the speed limit! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > At least you’ll crash within the speed limit!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

At least you’ll crash within the speed limit!

It’s a massive pothole on a bend but at least you won’t be speeding if it makes you crash.  A council has been accused of compromising safety to catch speeders by painting the white line in the pothole instead of repairing it. The line is needed for the speed camera in the background to catch offenders breaking the 40mph limit...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 August 2012 13:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Email the Council!

Rather than moan about the pot holes try emailing the relevant council, stating your safety concerns. It is my understanding that they then have a legal obligation to inspect/ repair. I did this recently with a couple of holes near my house, within days they were sprayed up for repair and repaired within a fortnight.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Nearly as bad as the famous photo in the USA where they had painted the white line over a dead animal in the road! Maybe the same neanderthals who did this job might paint double yellows over a camera van parked at the side of the road! Europeans must depair when they come here and see the state of our roads.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Nearly as bad as the famous photo in the USA where they had painted the white line over a dead animal in the road! Maybe the same neanderthals who did this job might paint double yellows over a camera van parked at the side of the road! Europeans must depair when they come here and see the state of our roads.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sorry!

Having connection probs. Does anyone know why a computer keeps telling you its 'working offline' coz its beyond me why it keeps doing it. Then it puts me on twice. Computers are the spawn of Satan!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

exactly, burningbush

"within days they were sprayed up for repair and repaired within a fortnight".... see a small business would probably send someone to repair it in one visit, end of hazard.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Councils are a nightmare. They are a law unto themselves. Well, they used to be. Thankfully in these days of accountability there is an answer. If you don't get a satisfactory solution to your council related problem there is help. There is, believe it or not, a council ombudsmen.

Make sure you play by the rules set down by your council but if you are still not happy with your council's actions or responses then contact http://www.lgo.org.uk

It's a shift in power. The councils used to run boroughs but unfortunately for them, they can be held accountable for their inefficiencies by the very people that pay their big fat salaries. You and I.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

On the bright side

as it's on a camera site at least they can't try and fob off an accident as "you must've been speeding" as they love to do to wriggle out of their own useless-ness.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Road funding

Maybe if they spent as much money keeping the roads in order, as they do on equipment for "doing us" for riding on OUR roads,  they'd be in better shape.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

No, no, it's not a "speed" camera

It's a Safety Camera.

Please get the deliciously ironic NewSpeak correct.

Reply to this Topic
fattybatter

Jan 12

fattybatter says:

Councils Can't be everywhere

Was this defect made aware to the council previously?  If not is is reasonable for a team of asy 6 people (They would be very lucky if they had that many people, I work with 2 others to cover all of suffolk) to be aware of where every pot hole in essex is?

Or are the engineers too busy filling in the mountains of paper work we have to do due to peoples first responce....

Claim Claim Claim!

If only the money from speed cameras came to the council, people should check what their money goes on before critasising.  Speed cameras are a police initative, nothing tho do with councils.

I would put a large sum of money that there were 2 different departments looking after repairs and renewing lining and this is the age old problem of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.  Its very dissapointing and explains why councils get such a poor rep.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices