Skip to content

Where to Ride Ride4Fun Ride-Out from Dunstable Downs - Saturday 18th August Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > Ride4Fun Ride-Out from Dunstable Downs - Saturday 18th August

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Ride4Fun Ride-Out from Dunstable Downs - Saturday 18th August

My first ride-out of the year is finally here.  Hoorah!

Sorry about the short notice, but it's not been easy to predict the weather this year, and it's not much fun spending the day in the torrential rain.

The meeting point will be in the usual car park at
Dunstable Downs from 10am onwards, with an estimated departure time of 10:30am. Remember to fill-up your tank and empty your bladder.  There will be regular fuel stops for those with minimal tank range...myself included. Wink

NB Unlike some, I don't keep a register, so if you turn up after 10:30am, and there's no one there, it means we've already gone.

As always, the cornerman system will be used.  Below is a simple explanation for all those unsure what this entails.

1. Lead rider (me) heads the group.  All you have to do is stay behind and follow.

2. Tail gunner (any volunteers?) is always at the back to pick up the corner markers...no one in the group should be behind this rider (unless it's the queue to the bar, of course.lol).

3. Any rider immediately behind the leader should stop to mark any junction, whether indicated to do so, or if you think it would be helpful to the rest of the group (it's never wrong to mark a junction), and must wait until the tail gunner arrives, riding off ahead of them. DO NOT move until the tail gunner reaches you, no matter how long you are waiting!

4. Sometimes the lead rider may have to stop to mark a corner if he has no one to mark a corner for him.  If you are the first rider to catch up, stop to take his place until the tail gunner arrives for you.

5. If there happens to be no corner markers at a junction, assume to follow the road. Sometimes markers aren't needed if it is obvious.

6. MOST IMPORTANT:  Ride at your own pace within the front and rear riders.  The marker system will ensure you know where to go, without having to race to keep up, so you can stay safe.

Look forward to seeing some of the old crowd, and any newcomers that fancy a good ride.  Oo-er. 
:tongue:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 August 2012 15:11)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Another Good Day

Was a good day today, with just a small group of four...that's what you get with only two day's notice.lol

A couple of detours, one because of a closed road (thanks to Joby and his satnav to get us back on track), and one due to a memory malfanction by me (I'm blaming getting old.lol), but these didn't detract from a cracking ride.  Smile

Hope to organise another one soon (depending upon the weather, of course).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices