Skip to content

Discuss This Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden

Nicky Hayden believes Andrea Dovizioso is the best possible choice to replace fellow Italian Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. Dovizioso is close to agreeing a deal to ride a Desmosedici GP13 and an announcement is likely to be made by the Bologna factory during next weekend’s Czech Republic MotoGP round in Brno. Dovizioso is understood to have told...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 August 2012 21:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

oh shut up Wosi

German, Italian, Japanese, hell fucking Martians wouldn't like their business out in the streets and splashed over every website and in every bike mag. Fact is, Cal didn't know when to shut up and talked himself out a factory ride this year - and that's if he was a serious contender anyway. No one's fault but his own not to mention he's done nothing to be considered for a factory ride anyway. But I digress. It has already been reported that Yamaha told Cal to shut up about talking about contract negotiations in the media. And what did he do? Keep running his trap to any bloke with a press pass. He slam the door on Yamaha before it got anywhere. And it's highly possible he did the same with Ducati. He was talking about - "Yeah, Ducati has said they will sign me but there is no paperwork to sign - I'm waiting on them. They haven't sent me anything" blah, blah, blah.

Now let's put this into perspective. I don't know what you do for a living and if you are employed by a company or self employed. If you are employed by a company and you are running around town saying how you have an offer from another company ( a competitor of your current employer at that) and using no discretion what so ever I'm pretty sure not only will your current company not like but it would turn off the potential employer. Now imagine instead of talking about town you talk to not only the national media but world media - just like Cal. How in the hell does that look? Even your hero Rossi, who we knew was talking to Yamaha, never came forward with such things in the media as "Well I'm talking to Yamaha and I have an offer on the table and we are going back and forth and trying to iron out the details, etc, etc". There wasn't a single rider on the grid who publicly shot off at the mouth about contracts like Cal did.

Reply to this Topic
Flipslats

Aug 11

Flipslats says:

Dovi + Ducati = 9th

If ever these was a Yamaha rider, it is Dovi. He's a smooth, non aggressive rider, much like Lorenzo albeit a slower version.

I'd even go to the extent of backing Spies to have a better year on a Ducati than Dovi.

Dovi is in the best place for himself. He should be crossing all he has to cross in the hope he stays on board the M1. Next year, he'd be trading blows with Rossi as the pair fight for the final podium position.

I'd like to see someone like Iannone spend a couple of years on board the Ducati. I think he'd be going alright by the end of his first year...

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

dovi + ducait =

melandri part 2

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Ducati

Should of signed Sefan Bradl. Fresh meat coming from LCR = World Champ on the Duke!

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Mr Cruthlow = Mr P.R

Hope there is no truth in your posts Rev ( crutch , out on his ear at motogp ) , you know the media can be a bunch of sh*t stirring baskets .

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Career killing machine

It used to be the Suzuki that killed peoples careers now it's the Duke, you could kind of understand it with the Suzuki they were kind of the special kid who needed a little extra help (6 engine rule) but Ducati are just being pig headed with their development and no matter how many riders they flush down the loo they still think it's the riders and not the bike at fault. I'm glad Cal did'nt take the ride it would have been a direct line back WSB. I hope Dovi does well but I think it may be another Melandri.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

two an two make ten?

maybe he can get a ride for tenkate next year ?? if rea leaves it, just wondering here, but if you check out twitter  a certain j rea is visiting the tuscanny area in italy? home to the gresini honda team ? wonder what a castrol backed honda rider is doing in the home reigon of a castrol backed honda team ? maybe just having a holiday,or maybe honda are giving him some payback for winning the suzuka  8hr race ? pure speculation of course !

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

don't sign Dovizioso

nobody in italy rides a ducati bikes, you see 100 bmw flat twins for every ducati, Hayden has the USA covered, so i think Ducati would like a german (take BMW sales) or uk rider (take Triumph sales)  that can speak japanese. so Crutchlow start making your own pasta, learn Italian/german and then add japanese and you will have a Ducati Factory Ride................    

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

What eye opening comments, all about Dovi and Rossi. I know these are the questions you were asked but how about being just a little bit more selfish and saying what YOU actually want, like maybe being listened to for once.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle