Skip to content

Discuss This Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden

Nicky Hayden believes Andrea Dovizioso is the best possible choice to replace fellow Italian Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. Dovizioso is close to agreeing a deal to ride a Desmosedici GP13 and an announcement is likely to be made by the Bologna factory during next weekend’s Czech Republic MotoGP round in Brno. Dovizioso is understood to have told...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 August 2012 21:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

hmmmm

Not so sure Dovi is making the right choice.
He seems a decent bloke and is definitely a top rider but although his results with Honda and Yamaha have been very good(especially with the latter) it seems a strange choice unless he knows something we don't!
Maybe with the help of Audi they will improve but that is still going to take more time and a lot of patience especially from the riders.
Of course it is possible this is the way Dovi is thinking and maybe in 2014 or 15 he will stick 2 fingers up to Honda Yamaha and VR and be the first Italian to win on an Italian bike since Ago.
All I can say is very good luck.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Jeez, you guys are dumb and/or blinkered

Do you guys even understand what you're watching when you look at Motogp? I keep reading "oh Cal's style would suit the Ducati and he's be top 4" and "Dovi has a classic 250 style that won't work", blah, blah. Bullshit. Cal hasn't gotten a 3rd on a bike far better than the Ducati - how in the hell will he be top 4 on the Ducati which is worst? And no Dovi doesn't have a classic 250 and no Cal style doesn't suit the Ducati. How many times has Cal been following Dovi this year and has almost ran up the back of Dovi in each corner? Have you guys been paying attention? Dovi is a late braker (one of the best on the grid) and who carries less corner speed and gets on the gas early. He has even stated he changed his style to this to fit the power of the Honda for those years. Cal rides more like a 600/250cc rider who gets off the brakes early and carries far more corner speed than Dovi. He using the front end more which is the Ducati's weak point not strength. You guys have had numerous opportunities to compare both of these guys style as they have run nose to tail on multiple occasions yet you guys still can't comprehend what your eyes see.

And yes, Dovi is the best choice not only based on results this year and in the past but in terms of experience he brings from riding both a Honda in the past and current Yamaha 1000. If Ducati's aim is to help develop a better bike Dovi is the easy choice. Cal has done absolutely nothing to be considered over Dovi. Dovi has clearly been the best satellite rider this year and his 4 podiums backs this up. Dovi is the guy who most deserves a factory ride hands down.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

RawDawg

A good post, well said and I agree. Dovi is the ideal guy to help Ducati to achieve what they are in this Championship for. Really hope it works out for him though.....?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Oh

And yes it's the right choice for Dovi. These guys need and want to get paid. I know some of you live in fantasy land and think riders race just for trophies and  just to entertain you but that's not really a full picture now is it? It's far better to be racing for a factory team and making around $2 million than be with for Tech 3 making $200K to $300K - that's probably less than an AMA factory rider. It's a reason both Cal and Dovi were shooting for this ride and it's not just based on the bike but also the bank account. There is no "old and retired racers" pension fund. These guys have to make as much money as possible during their short careers.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

But the best thing is Dovi won't quit unlike a certain Italian who fecked off back over to Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

I agree

I agree, out of the riders out there who haven't yet got a contract for next season, Dovi is definitely at the top of the list. He's a rider who has many years experience at The GP level and is a rider who chips away over a race weekend and comes good when it's needed in the race. Crutchlow is better of staying on a bike he knows rather than jumping on a Ducati that has come victam to many a career. If Dovi does indeed get the ride, good luck to him and all the best for 2013.

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

He's had his chances

Why should he get the ride ? He's had the best bikes for years and hasn't done shit. It's about time riders stopped being selected by their passports rather than talent or potential. Anybody remember Barros ? He clogged up access to works bikes for years and never won anything - Dovi is just the same.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

quite right

these guys are there to earn money as well as to try to win world championships but taking a Ducati ride could severely give you a big wage cut when you dont have a job!

GYTR......Please tell me how you work that one out.
No rider will want to stay with a team unless they have a chance of winning especially if the bike does not improve.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Oh yeah and

R.D. where in this thread have you read anything about Crutchlow being better for the ride or are my eyes deceiving me?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Buell I thought Rossi was the god of development what was said on his helmet in the recent Mugello race "lets stick together" and then the muppet jumps ship back to Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices