Skip to content

Discuss This Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dovizioso good choice for Ducati, says Hayden

Nicky Hayden believes Andrea Dovizioso is the best possible choice to replace fellow Italian Valentino Rossi in Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013. Dovizioso is close to agreeing a deal to ride a Desmosedici GP13 and an announcement is likely to be made by the Bologna factory during next weekend’s Czech Republic MotoGP round in Brno. Dovizioso is understood to have told...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 August 2012 21:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

nah.....

as you keep telling everyone its not the rider that develops the bike it's the engineers.
Do you really think it would have been wise for him to stay at Ducati at 33?
Lets see how Dovi gets on eh.....see if he lasts 2 years.
As I said earlier good luck cos he is gonna need it.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I know I am just joking Buell about riders developing bikes. Do I think its a wise choice for Rossi to stay at Ducati at 33 I think not but he made the choice to go there in the first place. You're right lets see how Dovi fares on it will he last two years I guess time will tell. You just have to look at Nick how long has he lasted at Ducati three seasons and he is an ex champ.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No potfiller NO!..Don't say that about Alex Barros, please..

Don't you know that the ex Tech 3 satellite rider was single handedly responsible for developing Rossi's superlative 2004 M1?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nicky will be over the moon.

I'm afraid Dovi's got nothing that will scare him - mid table at best.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

lets stick together was a nice sentiment...

Maybe if Ducati had given the guys the updates they were promised, when they were promised, Rossi might have stayed but it's hard to keep the faith when you are being d!cked around week in week out. Do you think Nicky would stay there if Yamaha or Honda wanted him? Not likely IMO...

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

GYTR

Dovi won't jump ship?????? If he has the opportunity to go to a works Yamaha/Honda you can be sure he will be off quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

@Firebird.

Dovi can't go to Yamaha seats are full and why would he go back on a works Honda after they threw him out.

Reply to this Topic
Chris Kam

Feb 08

Chris Kam says:

All i have to say to the Dovi/Ducati doubters for next year is:

Money is power in the top class and when you have the Audi bank role fueling the Ducati effort, i say watch this space.

I think Rossi might have jumped ship one season too early! With Dovitsiozo's natural tallent and the Ducati/Audi ambition to put a bike back on the top step of the podium, lets just say i think there might be a few suprises next year!

i personaly feel sorry for Cal because with this recipe he could have shone at ducati next year, just imagine what it would have done for his his rep if he put it on the podium a few times next year (The Rider that sorted out the problems with the duke where Rosi and JB failed) which unfotunatly now will be Dovi.

The reality is its a win win situation for who ever goes  to Ducati, Audi will not want to tarnish their rep and will want to throw everything at this, if they fail Dovi could still walk away with his head held high because he will only have emulated the best Moto GP rider in history which will only prove that there is a deep rooted problem at the belogna factory (another top quality rider fails to put the duke on the podium).  

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Yes buelligan272 your eyes are deceiving u

You've missed SundayRoast post on this thread and from others that have been posted over the last month.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What?

The German owned Italian outfit not fulfilling it's half of the bargain and trying to shaft a Brit? For the love of Jesus..They do that bastard to their own.

Fkin despots..don't mention the bloody war is all I've got to say!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices