Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi talks Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi talks Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi talks Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has spoken publicly for the first time about his return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad on the eve of this weekend’s Indianapolis round in America. Rossi signed a two-year deal to return to Yamaha and partner bitter Spanish rival Jorge Lorenzo during the recent summer break having decided to end a nightmare spell with Ducati. Rossi spoke of his curiosity...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 August 2012 22:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

Wish he was going now!!!!!!!!!!!! Continuing with Ducati until the end of season is just a big waste of time, for everyone concerned, especially DUCATI! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

Yep, they should punt him now, give a young guy a few races to see for the future....its not like rossi has anything to bring to the team development wise...piss off jack gibs on

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rossi?

Bit of a different Rossi to the one we saw departing Yamaha 2 years ago... very measured views on his prospects of being competitive next year.

"But in my condition now, especially you have to understand if I'm still a top rider, if I'm still fast, and if I can fight for the front row, if I can still fight for the podium. I don't know..."

Sounds like he's learnt... which is a good thing. Now he has to get his head sorted... going into a team as No.2 rider is difficult enough as a 22 year old rookie, as a 34 year old with the attitude that your team mate's already going to beat you it doesn't bode well for the season ahead. He has winter testing to get over this... let's hope, for the sake of Yamaha & a good race, he can.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Dont be fooled Hedgehog

by VR's IF statements...

He (and none of the top riders) is not going to make the move unless he believes he can win and will win races. This is the begining of the twisting and turning and devious games which will see VR rise like a pheonix frm the flames of the desmo and JL ready with the double barrel to shoot the overstuffed turkey down haha

But I find myself in the starnage situation of agreement with Eddy - I do wish he were leaving now so that Ducati could ready thier 2013 line up for what will be a(nother) long year...

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Eddy

Every frigging post, We get the picture! We know you want him out but you know it doesn't work like that so what do you keep going onnnn and onnnn. I think we will just have to wait and see hedge but the attitude he is going in with now seems as though he has learnt from the past. He can't give it the biggun look how that panned out over the last 2 years and ended. IF he goes in not expecting to be as competitive as he used to be then it can either go 2 ways. He can exceed his expectations if he does well and if he does't do well then its sort of what he was expecting and he knows what he needs to work on. But is this mentality good? Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Don't worry ChrisQ...

... people have got used to taking what Rossi says with a pinch of salt... my comment was just that it's usually less positive towards his competition on moving to a new team.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Nowt much there to get upset about. Honest and fair assesment from Vale about Ducati, Yamaha, Jorge  - we'll have to wait and see.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Hedgy

your right, he's going to Yam with his cap in hand...

--- but under the cap, he is firmly giving the 'bird' to JL

2013 = fireworks?
2014 = prams minus toys

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well hopefully all that shet me or Jorge does not come into play again but I think Rossi has learned his lesson.

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

GYTR

The doc is in no position to be like that, he knew Lorenzo was gonna be a major threat and was only trying to protect his investment, but now he returns I think he returns sheepish

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices