Skip to content

Ask an Expert Ideal track bike? Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Ideal track bike?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

acb1000

May 10

acb1000 says:

Ideal track bike?

I own a 99' Honda Hornet and am starting to really get into track riding. If I am serious about improving my technique do you think I'd be better off changing to a sportsbike? Or is the Hornet perfectly adequate?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 August 2012 19:14)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i would use the hornet my self as i dont like riding sports bikes.  but its be up to you

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

R6..

Reply to this Topic
stormrider79

Jan 08

stormrider79 says:

hornet

I have two mates who used to race Hornets and they loved em! All you'd need is maybe some upgraded springs in the forks and a spring suited to your weight on the shock. The easy steering makes them brilliant on tighter, twisty curcits but you might find that anoying on track days when the R1's etc hold you up in the courners.

On the other hand I owned a VFR400NC30 and I recon that would be the perfect track bike. I took mine around Cadwell and It amazed me!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I put my

ZXR400 on the track with no problems

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

I ride

both my YZF750 and Buell 1125R on track. Both are excellent.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Track bike

You want a gsx600r,  no question about it at all.  Totally usable around the roads - particularly the new one - with enough grunt so you don't have to rev it unduly.  Then a real scream when you want it to go.

Bit like the ideal woman, really - ladylike, respectable,  refined and moves gracefully,  responds to a gentle touch...  but with totally enthusiastic and uninhibited "go" when you want to really get down to it.  Light the blue&white touchpaper, and watch the fireworks!

The Hornet's fine as a bike, nothing wrong with it.  Just like the Bandit.  But it's nothing like a pure sportsbike when it comes to riding for thrills & performance.   Look at the purpose for which each was clearly built.   (I'd include wimmin in that too!)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices