Skip to content

Discuss This Slow corner acceleration costing Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Slow corner acceleration costing Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Slow corner acceleration costing Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi admitted Ducati’s struggle to accelerate out of slow corners was the main reason for the Italian languishing down in a lowly 10th place at the end of the opening day of practice in Indianapolis. The Italian, who will quit Ducati at the end of 2012 to re-join Yamaha, set a best time of 1.41.529 to finish 0.132s behind team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 August 2012 05:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Scared of the big red beast

Perhaps if old limp wrist moved it up a notch from his preferred wet setting he might find a bit of drive.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Who cares now at this late stage? He's obviously settling for mid-field places. He doesn't wanna crash and rides the beast at 9/10ths.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro, Bloodbubble

Now come on guys as experienced bikers you know that if the engine doesn't pick up quickly then it doesn't matter how quick you open the throttle and remember tenths of seconds quickly add-up.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Are you experienced?

Saturn, that's what that little lever down by your left fkn foot is for!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

duh

already in first...can't go any lower.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

experience

Still going to lose a tenth while your'e shifting down and if the gearing's wrong - that's down to the mech's. I'm sure they'e getting the feedback.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You're not handling it too well...

"Scared of the big red beast

Perhaps if old limp wrist moved it up a notch from his preferred wet setting he might find a bit of drive."

...are you nostro. I bet its just eating you up, stoner quitting because he can't hack it, and Rossi going back to a bike that he can win on. Better make the most of it while you can I suppose, won't be much for you to talk about next year while you're choking down the humble pie generated by all the stupid comments you've made recently. Ha ha ha

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

There's a million fkn excuses and the Italian dickhead is responsible for rectifying the large majority of the causes.

Slow pickup? Ride it harder ya softcock, change the gearing, remove some of that crank/flywheel weight that he had them put back on after saying it was too savage! If you're trying to tell me this 250 horsepower bike that regularly wins the top speed comp is short on power and lacks drivability, you are pulling my fucking leg!

Fk me this is such contradiction and repetition from the wanker it's become embarrasing. Every day, another excuse and more evidence that he couldn't set up a fkng picnic chair let alone a fkng motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bob

YOU sound so wound up about it.
Why all the swearing?
If it's so easy why dont you go show him.
Your the same as your pal nostro...all wound up cos u know he will be back on a bike he can win on next season and all your bullshit will count for nuthin...hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

At least Bob is talking about the present

While you are gazing longingly into the crystal ball.  Guess which one is more relevant?

Anyway - I would expect Nicky to beat Valentino this year due to their relative commitments to the task at hand.  Valentino is undoubtably the better rider, but can only bring his full game when the bike suits him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices