You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > virago 535

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

postbike

Aug 12

postbike says:

virago 535

Hi, nearly ready for my full test, and have had an offer from a friend to buy his virago 535, i am ready to bite his hand off, but not being used to the riding position and some people have said the cruiser forks make it less forgiving at corners etc and not a good first bike, but my friend had it as his first and says it is perfect, are there any virago owners out there that can help settle this.......

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 August 2012 19:36)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

take it if the price is right

i bought one  in my early twenties and loved it............and at the time all the reviews said a custom shouldnt handle as good which proved right as regular grinding of the pegs proved fun......................not as good looking nowadays as the dragster but in my humble opinion a far better bike:wink:  

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

"Some people have said..."

Don't worry about what "some people" say - everyone is different; some people naturally get on with some bikes better than others.

Do however, check insurance before you commit to buying - as a newbie it'll likely be expensive. Also, factor in the cost of a drop (everyone drops at least one bike sooner or later; it's easily done).

Reply to this Topic
postbike

Aug 12

postbike says:

virago 535

hi thanks, all the advice helps when your not sure, thought i might have to do a couple of years on a bandit or hornet, but want the fun factor too, - did you get use to the feet so forward after the instructor bikes?

Reply to this Topic
postbike

Aug 12

postbike says:

virago 535

hi thanks AdieR, checked insurace and quite low group, and am after that comfortable riding position, but tried it at low speed and front end seemed so heavy for a mid weight bike, i suppose all bikes have their characteristics and you get used to it - its a world away from my 125

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

It does

take time to "gel" with any bike; its a case of getting out and getting road miles in.

Things like your size / weight are part of it too.

As for feeling heavy at low speed, many bikes do; once you have a bit of pace up, the bike will find a natural balance though every bike is a bit different weight- and balance-wise.

There are some bike which at first glance should be comfortable - but some people just don't get on with them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices