Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa on pole after crash strewn Indianapolis qualifying MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa on pole after crash strewn Indianapolis qualifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa on pole after crash strewn Indianapolis qualifying

Dani Pedrosa claimed his third pole position of 2012 after an incident-packed qualifying session in Indianapolis this afternoon that was red flagged twice following huge crashes for Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden. A best lap of 1.38.813 secured the Repsol Honda rider pole in a dramatic session that ended with reigning world champion Stoner and factory Ducati rider Hayden undergoing treatment...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 August 2012 21:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Mario, it's called 'trying', not something most of the fans of the yellow are familiar with these days.

btw, you're making out it is a bad thing to feel the effects of pressure? Stoner has said he feels it at EVERY race sitting on the grid waiting to start so get it out of your head that these blokes are machines. They're not curing cancer mate, they just ride bikes very quickly.

I'm disappointed as a Stoner fan, for him but as a Flo fan, I would be embarrassed, for him and for you.

Cheers!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Caseys rep and body is sure taking a battering this year. Was never in the hunt this weekend or for the title anyway, take a few weeks off get fixed and come out swinging. His rep is taking a hammering this year on a bike that has dominated easily this weekend and should have this year. Hope it gives him the balls to show up and next and prove he isn't a fluke. Get well soon Nicky and hector and spies and Kent?as well. Two horse race this year and there both on the front row so should still be a good battle.. Does anyone know if casey had the soft tyre on??

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Brain out..

Mario's right..it was a signature Stoner unforced error. Too fast, too soon..being cheeky and trying to make a statement, which has probably cost him dearly in what was always going to be a big ask beating his team mate, let alone Lorenzo to the title this year.

Casey had been lairy all weekend at that corner and almost came a cropper Friday.

It was unneccessarily cavalier just 7 minutes into QP. He was over half a second down on his previous lap's time in the third sector so why give it the large one?

Not the brightest thing to do when 3rd in the standings trying to make up points from previous schoolboy errors is it?

Sorry, nobody to blame but himself this time.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2012/INP/MotoGP/QP/Analysis.pdf?v1_5c034337

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Wosi, Mario said is was a forced error, now you're saying it was an unforced error and you're agreeing with him!

No wonder you dickheads don't see the contradictions Flo has been wallowing in for the last two years.

You're right though, they are all on the same track, it's up to them to keep it upright, but to pretend this is the first time Stoner has gone balls out from lap one is like you are talking to a bunch of poms new to the sport.

Cavalier? Not the right word Wosi but I get your drift. Makes a change to getting your balls gift wrapped and delivered by a CRT bike for 11th doesn't it?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aaw shucks pal..

You're splitting hairs kiddo and getting flustered again..calm down.

It WAS an unforced error, early and during a lap that was off the pace. Even by Bobs orange biblical tome of finding excuses to absolve Stoner..that my friend, is a fck up and it's cost him dear.

Just because he's always gone balls out from lap one changes nothing..in fact my point about being cheeky and making a statement qualified his dumb ass tactics this time.

Suck it up sunshine and start looking for a new hero..best of luck with that btw.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Torn ligaments is a bitch, i too tore them in my right ankle and took months before i was back to full fitness. 

Stoner maybe thinking now just get the season over with as safe as possible so he can enjoy his family with full health, then again he might just give it lots a gas as usual and tear the track up.

As much as a fan of Rossi that i am, i can't help thinking, just pull your fucking socks up.  Now behind a CRT bike, WTF. I know it ain't the race result but pride has got to come into it.  I am trying hard not to lose my faith in him.  I'd be really pissed off if i was Ducati and i totally see why hardcore Ducati fans want him out now.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

So now Mario is wrong despite you saying he was right?

AND he always goes balls out from lap one but THIS time is being cheeky and making a statement?

The only thing you are right about is whose fault it was, you've qualified zero except that like most Florence fans who have nothing to be happy about and would rather slag off a rider who dares to put in an effort.

Low Wosi, I didn't expect that from you. 

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Also, 3 laps only and Stoner 6th.  I can't stand him but by fuck what a talent hey.

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Put your money where your mouth is.

OK girls.  Enough handbag waving. This is look'n like one of the hardest rounds to pick.  5 1/2  hours to go.

I'll go.....
DP 1st
JL 2nd
BS 3rd.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mate..

..you know wosi a dickhead. You've said it a hundred times before, you're wasting your breath trying to dump a guilt trip on me? I just think it's funny.

Look, if it makes you feel better I agree..Rossi is riding like a pussy. No argument.

Thing is, this is a serious point we're making here about what happened..and you getting all prammy kinda undermines your statement yesterday, that it was about time this place had some solid debate about bike racing?

I didn't want to see this happen for the sake of a potentially enthralling finish to the championship but it has, so get over it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices