Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa on pole after crash strewn Indianapolis qualifying MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa on pole after crash strewn Indianapolis qualifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa on pole after crash strewn Indianapolis qualifying

Dani Pedrosa claimed his third pole position of 2012 after an incident-packed qualifying session in Indianapolis this afternoon that was red flagged twice following huge crashes for Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden. A best lap of 1.38.813 secured the Repsol Honda rider pole in a dramatic session that ended with reigning world champion Stoner and factory Ducati rider Hayden undergoing treatment...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 August 2012 21:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Jorge FTW...

Everytime when it's mano v mano against Dani. Nothing against Dani, I just think Jorge is stronger, mentally and physically.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I'll go for (dont hold me to this)

Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Dovi, Crutchlow, then maybe Rossi. 

thats my top 5 without Stoner. With Stoner then i'll go,

Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Dovi, Crutchlow, Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

This track is a disgrace

We all know each round the riders talk nice about whichever city/country/track the are racing at all of them except Indi. Every year the riders come here and they openly say its not their favourite and list the defects with the track. Even Stoner was brash enough to say there is not history racing this place as they don't use the ring. 

Then there are the Marshals, specially the idiots given to hold a stretcher. Lord, could not believe they treated hayden like a sack of potatoes. Is this normal in America or do they provide B grade care for relatively small events like motogp. Indi track is a fucking disgrace. 

These guys are the best and they have two options fall off hard or slow down. What a choice eh. Everyone has a go. 

I honestly don't know who is at fault here. Surely there mus be one of the bodies riders etc that should put their foot down and say they won't race here. We nearly lost 50 percent of the factory riders yesterday. 

I hope they don't come back to Indi even if it means missing out on the USofA.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

No, a guilt trip would never work on you Wosi... much.

It's easy to stir when you have no prospects mate but then you go and fuck it up with the usual contradictions.

Here's to a decent race tomorrow, goodfknnight...  dickhead.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Parris

Totally agree there bud.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..sweet dreams about searching for that new hero. Don't oversleep and be late for work.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Rev

You have your good side to you ( want these races over and done with )...........know the feeling!! .

Stoner to race tonight , hard little basket!!........good luck!!.

Best wishes to Hayden , Spies and any MOTO3 and MOTO2 riders.........to many nasty accidents in qually........

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The crashes

Notice that Wosi and cartoon boy only pick on Stoner to dismantle his qualifying 'mistake'. Two other riders also made 'mistakes' and had a date with the stratosphere but only Stoner gets the usual criticism. Cal also crashed there in practise.

You're entitled to your theory Wosi but fact is neither you, me or anyone else on this forum is in a position to tell any of these riders how they should approach qualifying. Too fast too quick? How is that for you to say or judge? Trying to be clever and justify your comment by saying he shouldn't have gone for it when 4/10 down on his previous time won't wash. How do you know he couldn't have pulled that back or more over the rest of the lap. You don't. They learn nothing if they aren't pushing.

Why no comments on why Hayden or Spies crashed? Pressure?

You don't think there is something wrong with the surface in that area after 4 riders have crashed there? Rossi also, almost went the same as Hayden. You see Stoner slide all the time, year after year and he's never lost it like that, it just kept on going. Yes of course it could have been a mistake, but 4 riders at the same piece of track - plus the others from Moto1 and 3.

Pressure? A few minutes into qualifying after topping two of the practise sessions - not likely Wosi, but to state anything else wouldn't suit your agenda.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

mistakes?

Of course it was mistakes from all 3 riders.
Why did Pedrosa or Lorenzo not crash?
They all have the same choice of tyres and although the track is far from the best it is up to each individual rider to work out the grip levels on different parts of the track.
It was a shame the accidents had to happen but it is all a part of motorcycle racing.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Maybe so Buell

But only one rider comes in for the criticism and usual accusations of buckling under pressure, when 4 crashed at the same part of the track.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices