Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa cruises to Indianapolis victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa cruises to Indianapolis victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa cruises to Indianapolis victory

Dani Pedrosa strengthened his MotoGP world title challenge with a dominant victory in an uninspiring 28-lap race at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway today. Pedrosa was untouchable once he used the power of his Repsol Honda RC213V to blitz by fast starting Texan Ben Spies on the long home straight at the end of lap four. With Spies cruelly taken out of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 August 2012 20:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
captinktm

Jun 10

captinktm says:

motogp

This is the first opportunity i have had to watch the bbc's coverage of the motogp race and it was shite. How can this non event ever compare with World Super Bike? Why race at a track with so much crap on it has only one line? It obvious why Ben Spies and Stoner are leaving!

Reply to this Topic
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Can it possibly get more boring ??

How low is Moto GP going to fall before something is done to arrest this total shambles, we didn't see any racing out there, at best its follow my leader and see who can save themselves from being lapped, VR has given up that's clear to see, his bike during the race was making no shapes at all, he really was just going through the motions, granted we did have the grip issue with the Bridgestone's during practice, but much more of this shit and winning the Moto GP title will hold no kudos whatsoever, lets all go World Superbike racing..... Yesterdays race came a poor 2nd to watching the emulsion paint drying I'd applied to the walls of my office !!!!

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

It's a very interesting time.

Vale was discussing next season with a red shirt on - his thoughts are totally on Yamaha now and in a strange way, I'm glad Cal didn't get the Ducati ride. Their bike has only been tamed once in recent years and I want to see Cal here for quite a while and not back to WSB like Ben or in past years, Neil, Shane etc. Good luck to Dani though, you can only point the thing forwards and he rode a masterclass yesterday - would love to see the guy win this year but the boy from Majorca is the one to beat.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Pedrosa

What a great race for Dani doing his championship chances no harm at all and putting more pressure on Lorenzo.This could year that many said would never happen.Keep it going Dani.
Another disaster for Spies through no fault of his own,poor guy just has no luck at all.
Great to see Dovi on the podium again.He better make the most of them because I doubt it will be the same next season.
Amazing job by Stoner to finish fourth.He looked in great pain when he got off the bike.Can't see him getting the championship now but if it goes on determination anything is possible.

Reply to this Topic
SheppardBob

Aug 12

SheppardBob says:

Here Goaty Goaty

Has anyone seen my GOAT ? It ran away after being confronted by a Kangaroo and a spainish bull, It won't go near motorways and roads as it is scared of fast moving veichles

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

2006 season repeat

The race itself was one to forget,but props to Dani's clinical execution of the event. The only race worth shouting about was for 3rd. Agreed RevBenny. Classy acknowledgement from Dovi to Stoner.

The championship is getting interesting. A 2006 repeat for Repsol HRC on the cards ? It will be good to see the title chase go all the way to Valencia.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Cal back to WSB?

He will be if he carries on like he did this weekend. Another start where Cal failed to keep his position (this time losing out to Bautista) another race of follow the leader, being beaten by a rookie and a guy who could barely get off his bike without help, and all the while his teammate is getting another podium. I was hoping Cal might of got some inspiration from Stoner watching him overtake other riders, but no, all we got in the end was seeing Cal do another Indy asphalt inspection.

Cal was such a bright star at the start of the year - plenty of fourth places, giving Pedrosa a close run for his money - it all looked so good and apparently he was doing all this while having to use inferior brakes. The podium Cal was meant to of got this year is,sadly, looking further and further away. Time for Cal to pull his finger out and start beating his teammate again.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Dani

Great job by Dani, that save he pulled off was incredible! Hope this victory actually springboards him to a few race victories in the coming races, as far too often Dani finds it difficult to string successeiv race victories. However, one rainy race and we could see Dani trotting around 10th...so fingers crossed it will be good weather for the upcoming races.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Congrats to Dani

Congrats to Dani, dominated most of the weekend and has closed the gap ever so slighty on Lorenzo in the championship standings. Hopefully Dani can push on now for the rest of the season and give Lorenzo a run for his money. Got to feel for Spies however, how much bad luck will that guy receive this year.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Congrats to Pedrosa on his win he deserved it but the big talking point has to be Ben Spies how much bad luck can a rider have over the majority of the season I seriously hope he gets shot of the crew come the end of the season Yamaha are making him a guinea pig.

Well this for sure has made things very very interesting.

Revealing all the tension at Yamaha.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182965/1/ben_spies_reveals_tension_with_yamaha.html

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle