Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa cruises to Indianapolis victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa cruises to Indianapolis victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa cruises to Indianapolis victory

Dani Pedrosa strengthened his MotoGP world title challenge with a dominant victory in an uninspiring 28-lap race at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway today. Pedrosa was untouchable once he used the power of his Repsol Honda RC213V to blitz by fast starting Texan Ben Spies on the long home straight at the end of lap four. With Spies cruelly taken out of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 August 2012 20:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i'm sure the Spies conspiracy theorists are now going into meltdown .... you should see the tosh they write on Crash.

pole, fastest lap, winner - a dominant weekend for Dani.  i still reckon that he's a a genuine title contender this year - on the podium at every race, except Le Mans.  2012 may turn out to be his best chance of becoming MotoGP champion.  roll on Brno.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - it's all very well for Spies to feel he's had a hard deal from Yamaha this season, but he's also conveniently forgotten that he announced his departure from Yamaha in the most spiteful manner, without having the courtesy to inform his employers beforehand, and just before his two home races.  i don't blame Yamaha (if Spies is to be believed) if they said that he should give 100% or stay away.  if only Ducati had that kind of attitude ....

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

spies

Yeah spies contributed to some of his own demise, however you cant help but wonder if Yamaha didnt help it. NO No im not saying that the tune fork wanted him to crash and burn, but one has to wonder if the same deligence and quality went into supplying Ben like the they do Jorge.. Broken pieces, blown motors yet while claiming " we are all one team" ... yet  Lorenzo has had how many mechanicals? Just a factoid. Yes Ben should have rode better in a lot of races but you just got to ask that question.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It will all come out when the season ends how Spies and Yamaha split but being honest I know someone at Yamaha wanted him out or he must have known that they are planning on bringing Rossi back.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Great ride by Pedrosa on a shitty track that gives one line only, nearly lost it at one point, great save btw. Spies interview with the BBC, well he certainly had his diplomatic head on and didn't say anything to rock the Dorna boat as regards to how they brokered yet another sweet deal for Rossi back to Yamaha to take his ride. Too much subterfuge in this Rossi deal if you ask me with many being in the dark and some telling tales out of school. I believe that Spies got the info from someone inside the Yamaha team that the Rossi deal had been done and rather than spill the beans completely because of PR clauses in his contract did all that he could to show his dissatisfaction. Remember that Ducati were also in the dark about this and were up for keeping Rossi and were talking to Crutchlow about taking Haydens ride and had to change their minds pretty sharpish when the Spies decision alerted them that something was going on.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices