Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi Reflects on Disaster MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi Reflects on Disaster

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi Reflects on Disaster

Valentino Rossi probably can’t wait for November when he ends his Ducati nightmare after the Italian suffered a humiliating defeat at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday (Sunday).   Rossi was seventh but it was the manner of his defeat that left the 33-year-old deflated after he finished a massive 57 seconds behind race winner Dani Pedrosa in a race that provided only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 August 2012 09:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Dear lord you lot are barking! Would I push a bike on a crap surface that loses the front? No I wouldn't!

Would I risk falling off and injuring myself possibly fatally just to come in 5th? Hell no!

Believe me, when you get older bouncing down the track hurts more and for longer.

As for the comments about Rossi's pay cheque, I bet Ducati get more in sponsorship from having him than they pay him. So why sack someone who even though they 'aren't trying, is earning you money?

By no means am I a fan of Rossi, but the history books don't lie.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Dear lord you lot are barking! Would I push a bike on a crap surface that loses the front? No I wouldn't!

So don't take the money.

As for the comments about Rossi's pay cheque, I bet Ducati get more in sponsorship from having him than they pay him. So why sack someone who even though they 'aren't trying, is earning you money?

They never sacked him, he quit.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

You must agree

If u look back at caseys duke title, it did seen a bit easy for him.... I remember Rossi having a few mech dnf's and many straight line overtakes on the power from stoner down the main straight for Rossi then to overtake and take control in the majority of the track to then be overtaken again on the straight by a faster bike. Never easy to win a championship but things def went his way that year. It was never repeated. Stoner is an awesome rider tho.

Reply to this Topic
Moody2Showtime

Aug 12

Rossi 2013

Valentino just needs to relax and look fwd to next season. I'm glad he's not pushing and risking falling off the Ducati because I can't wait to see him back on the Yam! I think he will be more than capable of fighting for the podium and the championship. However it's a shame Stoner won't be around next season to make it more of a challenge and to see who is the best rider when Rossi is on Yam and Stoner on Honda! That would have been great to see. I would like to see Pedrosa get a championship after all these years trying so hard, Lorenzo defo has come on now and is looking good, I wont miss Stoners attitude although he's a great loss to GP and Dovi deserves some credit he's doing great. It was much more entertaining to watch moto Gp a few years back me and the lads used to make an event of it and be sat on the edge of our seats chearing like mad with the exitment but I'm afraid to say it just isn't as good now and although I like the racing the flair of 46 is missing. Roll on 2013 Come on Rossi son! rip sic 58 the great

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Stoner on the Duck 2013

you read it here first.......

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Which direction?

Wosi I recall you had a good little chortle to yourself over Stoner who said the chatter on his RCV wasn't so pronounced on left turning circuits. I wonder if you are now also laughing at Rossi, who whilst not specific like Stoner (part of his problem), now says his Ducati doesn't go so good on left turning tracks.

Not laughing anymore Wosi? O.K I shall. Rossi can't turn left or right on the Duke in his beeline hurry towards the door marked 'Exit' by his Uncle Carmelo.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Blue200...

"By no means am I a fan of Rossi, but the history books don't lie."

Not quite sure what the history books have got to do with this story or this race, but yes, he has almost 2 years of history on this bike... I'm sure he'll be happy when it's a distant memory & I don't think he'd thank you for reminding him of it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

he`s spent 2yrs

REFLECTING

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi has indeed been a disaster for two years is what the title should be.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes Nostro..

You're absolutely right.

I spotted it too and was hoping my laughter at your theory of the chain run had been forgotten. Alas..you're sharper than you come over most of the time, disproving the majority held feeling you're a senile old bastard. Well done.

I know one end of a spanner from the other and take an interest in the technical side. I'm buggered if I can understand what Stoner and now Rossi are alluding to.

Maybe Rossi is taking the piss and using Stoners excuse as an inside joke?

I don't know whether you've noticed, but it always seems to me that once one top rider makes a stab at a new excuse that doesn't get laughed out of town, others seem to follow. It can even migrate to other classes like WSB.

With regard to your theory..I can accept that the huge amount of power and torque produced and delivered to the back wheel from the gearbox sprocket is delivered off centre but, would be surprised if close engineering tolerances could not keep this tightly clamped and in check.

In any case, as I understand it, The RCV's chatter is most upsetting OFF the power on corner entry and up to the apex or point the throttle is applied, which takes torque reaction out of the equation.

I'd be genuinely interested if someone could shed light on the matter with other theories/explanations.

PS..enjoy your weekend. Old wosi would love to have come along to keep you company and drink you under the table.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices