Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi Reflects on Disaster MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi Reflects on Disaster

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi Reflects on Disaster

Valentino Rossi probably can’t wait for November when he ends his Ducati nightmare after the Italian suffered a humiliating defeat at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday (Sunday).   Rossi was seventh but it was the manner of his defeat that left the 33-year-old deflated after he finished a massive 57 seconds behind race winner Dani Pedrosa in a race that provided only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 August 2012 09:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

e was struck by a mystery illness which caused him to feel tired long before the end of races, leaving him 16 points behind Rossi Yeah it was called ducatiitous

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

All the times on here that people said what a shame it is that Rossi never got a proper decent challenge from the likes of Bayliss, Checa, Capirossi, Melandri, Gibernau who would have offered tougher competition to him, and yet they were all lined up on the same grid and racing him over the years…..BUT some of the time on inferior(red) machinery.
The 10 years Ducati have put bikes on the grid, the riders all widely failed to get the results their own obvious skills and capabilities should have achieved.

Not really a fan of chucking stats around but here’s a few to think about:-
Melandri on Honda in 2005,06 &07 scored 220, 228 & 187 points and finished 2nd, 4th & 5th in Championship then in 2008 on Ducati finished 17th scored 51pts.
Bayliss had 2 years on the Duke and in 32 races had 12 DNF’s. Then 1 year on Honda and had 3 DNF’s.
Gibernau was runner up 2 years on Honda scoring 255 & 277pts, then scores 95pts and finished 13th on Ducati.

Rider’s or bike? Just a thought..

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Racingclown69, now remind me how many of them reckoned it was an 80 second fix?

And you forgot that other stat, Flossi/Ducati... zero wins so far. Of course Wosi has bet his favorite 3-ply '46' pillow case that the eyetie is gonna pull off at least 3 wins before stumps this year!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

Dear cbr1000but have i struck a nerve.  And yes you are correct but he still the best and you hate it. 

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Haha Bob what are you on? You’re getting even worse.

You are wrong I didn’t forget VR zero wins, but as it gets mentioned every other minute I didn’t really think it added anything by saying it one more time.
A bit like you harping on about JB’s 80 second fix thing. Yep he said it, yep he was proved wrong – so what? He’s human and made a mistake, get over it, he’s got more things right than wrong in his career I’d say.

Can’t you stop wittering on about the same thing? Come on Bob this site is already a bit lacking in subject matter and diverse topics, I’m sure with your godlike knowledge of everything you can keep away from the dull and contribute something new and intelligent. You might think I’m a clown just because I have a different opinion to you, but I reckon I’m a long way off been as funny as you. With or without the big shoes and red nose!

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

shite

Ha ha ha all you stoner fans, Great finish to your career, Just hope that's not the end of moto gp as moto 3 and 2 offer a much more action packed entertainment package. Come on we must all agree that its now transformed from the best racing known to man to the worst race ever. And the BBC make a mockery of it. The once great event is now reduced to cheep gags and the worst presenters known to man. I recon Big Hev from walford could do a Beter job than that auzi retard. Poor Steve parish he must be wondering what he's done to deserve such colleagues Total rethink required me-think

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

shite

Ha ha ha all you stoner fans, Great finish to your career, Just hope that's not the end of moto gp as moto 3 and 2 offer a much more action packed entertainment package. Come on we must all agree that its now transformed from the best racing known to man to the worst race ever. And the BBC make a mockery of it. The once great event is now reduced to cheep gags and the worst presenters known to man. I recon Big Hev from walford could do a Beter job than that auzi retard. Poor Steve parish he must be wondering what he's done to deserve such colleagues Total rethink required me-think

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

n152er

Azi does a fine job , far better than that last bird.........

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

It has been but

It has been a disaster for both parties. Both Rossi and Ducati have had their reputations dinted from the last year and a half. I do agree that Rossi has basically gave up while remaining to be paid big bucks but I also agree that nobody would push 110% on something that wants to basically kill you evey corner. Confidence is a big part of being able to go fast and its obvious Rossi has little to no confidence in the front end and therefore won't push to the limit and risk his body and life. Hes seen a few riders in his motogp career fall by the way side, Kato, Tomizawa and most recently his friend Simoncelli. A relationship has and always will be a two way thing. We can't expect Rossi to ride out of his skin when Ducati can deliver a decent enough package underneath him. Yes if the bike was a race winning machine and Rossi was where he is now, mid pack then yes, questions would be asked. The relationship hasen't been there and I think it was best that the relationship was to come to an end.

Reply to this Topic
rickykwak

Sep 11

rickykwak says:

Prezi

Presiozi is I think the best and worst for Ducati, Change is needed to even think of winning and Pezzi dont want to listen, I'm not a Stonner fan but when Stonner won on the Ducati non of the other Ducatti's came anywhere near which I feel means that important development work was not carried out because they were winning with Stonner riding the wheels off it!

Dovi may just cut short his winning form for a couple of years, And to say that you need a Factory bike to get the championship is true unless its a Ducati!

New complete design needed from Ducati engine as well, Sack Prezzi and let Audi wield the big stick! And well done to Nicky who just gets his head down and gets on with the job!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices